Subject: [mpls] RFC 6378 on MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:51:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6378

        Title:      MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear 
                    Protection 
        Author:     Y. Weingarten, Ed.,
                    S. Bryant, E. Osborne,
                    N. Sprecher, A. Fulignoli, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 99684
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6378.txt

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This document addresses the functionality described in the MPLS-TP
Survivability Framework document (RFC 6372) and defines a protocol
that may be used to fulfill the function of the Protection State
Coordination for linear protection, as described in that document.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC