Subject: [mpls] Request comments on draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:08:51 +0800

Hi all

We've submitted a draft for the group's consideration, below is the link:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-00.

This draft is about the supporting of MPLS-TP Maintenance Identifiers. As 
described in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6370, at each end point, a 
tunnel is uniquely identified by the end point's Node_ID and a locally 
assigned tunnel number, which allow a compact form for the MEP_ID, and 
extensions will be required to GMPLS to support these identifiers. 
Furthermore, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6373 addressed this issue in 
section 4.4.8.

Obviously, this issue can be solved by defining a new object, such as 
Connection Object as described in this draft, or a new sub-TLV call MEP_ID 
can be carried back to the ingress LSR in Resv message when the "CV" flag 
of the OAM Function Flags Sub-TLV is set, which may be considered in the 
subsequent version of the draft 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-mpls-tp-oam-ext-06.

We hope you'll find the time to look through the draft and comment on the 
list, help judge which way is more suitable before the WG meeting in 
Taipei, and hope that we'll be able to have a fruitful and lively 
discussion there.

Best,

Fei