Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-07.txt> (MPLS Transport Profile lock Instruct and Loopback Functions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:04:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS Transport Profile lock Instruct and Loopback Functions'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Two useful Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
   functions in a transport network are "lock" and "loopback". The lock
   function enables an operator to lock a transport path such that it
   does not carry client traffic, but can continue to carry OAM messages
   and may carry test traffic. The loopback function allows an operator
   to set a specific node on the transport path into loopback mode such
   that it returns all received data.

   This document specifies the lock function for MPLS networks and
   describes how the loopback function operates in MPLS networks.

   This document updates RFC 6371 section 7.1.1.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1439/

This document contains a "downref" to RFC 6371, the Informational RFC that it updates.