Subject: [mpls] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3031 (2992)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 03:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3031,
"Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3031&eid=2992

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Bala Venkata <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.12

Original Text
-------------
If the FTN maps a particular label to a set of NHLFEs that contains
more than one element, exactly one element of the set must be chosen
before the packet is forwarded. The procedures for choosing an
element from the set are beyond the scope of this document. Having
the FTN map a label to a set containing more than one NHLFE may be
useful if, e.g., it is desired to do load balancing over multiple
equal-cost paths.

Corrected Text
--------------
If the FTN maps a particular FEC to a set of NHLFEs that contains
more than one element, exactly one element of the set must be chosen
before the packet is forwarded. The procedures for choosing an
element from the set are beyond the scope of this document. Having
the FTN map a FEC to a set containing more than one NHLFE may be
useful if, e.g., it is desired to do load balancing over multiple
equal-cost paths.

Notes
-----
Since FTN is used for packets that arrive unlabeled (as ILM is used for label-NHLFEs), this section should be corrected. It says that "FTN maps a particular label to a set of NHLFEs"

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3031 (draft-ietf-mpls-arch-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture
Publication Date    : January 2001
Author(s)           : E. Rosen, A. Viswanathan, R. Callon
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG