Subject: [mpls] RFC 6389 on MPLS Upstream Label Assignment for LDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:34:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6389

        Title:      MPLS Upstream Label Assignment for LDP 
        Author:     R. Aggarwal, JL. Le Roux
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 30935
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-upstream-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6389.txt

This document describes procedures for distributing upstream-assigned
labels for the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP).  It also describes how
these procedures can be used for avoiding branch Label Switching
Router (LSR) traffic replication on a LAN for LDP point-to-multipoint
(P2MP) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC