Subject: [mpls] Request comments on draft-zj-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-relay-00

From: Ryan Zheng<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:20:36 +0800

Hi all,

We have submitted a draft about the LSP Ping echo reply relay mechanism 
for the seamless MPLS and any other inter-area MPLS deployment scenarios. 
See the link below,
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zj-mpls-lsp-ping-reply-relay-00

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
The authors

> 
> Abstract:
>    [RFC4379] describes the LSP Ping mechanism to detect data plane
>    failures.  In some deployment scenario for the LSP traceroute, a
>    replying LSR may not have the available route to the initiator, and
>    the echo reply message sent to the initiator would be discarded.
>    Thus, the basic idea of traceroute procedure to localize fault could
>    not be achieved.  This document describes extensions to LSP Ping
>    mechanism to enable the replying LSR to have the capability to relay
>    the echo reply by a set of routable intermediate nodes to the
>    initiator.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.