Subject: [mpls] RFC 6425 on Detecting Data-Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint MPLS - Extensions to LSP Ping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:36:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6425

        Title:      Detecting Data-Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint 
                    MPLS - Extensions to LSP Ping 
        Author:     S. Saxena, Ed.,
                    G. Swallow, Z. Ali,
                    A. Farrel, S. Yasukawa,
                    T. Nadeau
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 68437
        Updates:    RFC4379

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6425.txt

Recent proposals have extended the scope of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) to encompass
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

The requirement for a simple and efficient mechanism that can be used
to detect data-plane failures in point-to-point (P2P) MPLS LSPs has
been recognized and has led to the development of techniques for
fault detection and isolation commonly referred to as "LSP ping".

The scope of this document is fault detection and isolation for P2MP
MPLS LSPs.  This documents does not replace any of the mechanisms of
LSP ping, but clarifies their applicability to MPLS P2MP LSPs, and
extends the techniques and mechanisms of LSP ping to the MPLS P2MP
environment.

This document updates RFC 4379.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC