Subject: [mpls] WG Action: Rechartered Multiprotocol Label Switching (mpls)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 08:17:40 -0700

The Multiprotocol Label Switching (mpls) working group in the Routing
Area of the IETF has been rechartered. For additional information please
contact the Area Directors or the WG Chairs.

Multiprotocol Label Switching (mpls)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
  George Swallow <[email-masked]>
  Ross Callon <[email-masked]>

Secretaries:
  Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mpls/

Charter:

The MPLS working group is responsible for standardizing
technology for label switching and for the implementation of
label-switched paths over packet based link-level
technologies.

The working group's responsibilities include procedures and
protocols for the distribution of labels between Label Switching
Routers (LSRs), MPLS packet encapsulation, and for Operation,
Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) (including the
necessary management objects expressed as MIB modules
or using other techniques).

The current WG focus areas and work items are:

-   Maintain existing MPLS requirements, mechanisms, and protocols,
    as currently documented in RFCs, in coordination with other 
    working groups that work in overlapping areas e.g., CCAMP, PWE3,
    and OPSAWG working groups.
-   Evolve key MPLS protocols, including LDP, tLDP, mLDP, RSVP-TE
    and LSP Ping to meet new requirements.
-   Define an overall OAM framework for topology-driven, traffic
    engineered, and transport profile MPLS applications.
-   Determine MPLS-specific aspects of traffic engineering for
    multi-areas/multi-AS in cooperation with the CCAMP WG
-   Define necessary extensions for MPLS key protocols for
    dual-stack and IPv6 only networks
-   Coordinate with the CCAMP working group on the extensions of
    MPLS and GMPLS protocols
-   Document current implementation practices for MPLS load sharing.
-   Document mechanisms for securing MPLS networks in coordination
    with the KARP working group.
-   Document mechanisms for adding multi-topology support to
    existing MPLS protocols.
-   Document use cases for MPLS protocols.

Milestones:
  Done     - Submit documents from original MPLS effort to IESG
  Done     - Framework for IP multicast over label-switched paths ready
for advancement.
  Done     - LDP fault tolerance specification ready for advancement to
Proposed Standard.
  Done     - Submit Definitions of Managed Objects for MultoiProtocol
Label Switching, Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) to the IESG for
publication as Proposed Standards
  Done     - Specification for MPLS-specific recovery ready for
advancement.
  Done     - Submit Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Forward
Equivalency Class-To-Next Hop Label Forwarding Entry Management
Information Base to the IESG for publication as Proposed Standards
  Done     - Submit Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switching
Router (LSR), Management Information Base to the IESG for publication as
Proposed Standards
  Done     - Submit Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Management
Overview to the IESG for publication as Proposed Standards
  Done     - Submit Definitions of Textual Conventions for Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) Management to the IESG for publication as Proposed
Standards
  Done     - Submit Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic 
Engineering Management Information Base to the IESG for publication as
Proposed Standards
  Done     - Submit the Traffic Engineering Link MIB to the IESG for as a
Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit a specification on Encapsulations to carry MPLS over
IP and GRE to the IESG for as a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit specification on LSP Ping to the IESG for publication
as a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit a document defining the scope, requirements, and
issues to resolve for setup of P2MP TE LSPs (MPLS and GMPLS)
  Done     - Submit an OAM Framework Document to the IESG for publication
as an Informational RFC
  Done     - Submit a BCP on MPLS load sharing to the IESG
  Done     - Submit specification on LSR Self Test to the IESG for
publication as a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit document(s) specifying protocol extensions,
enhancements and mechanisms for setup of P2MP TE LSPs
  Done     - Submit point to multipoint TE MIB to IESG as proposed
standard
  Done     - Submit EXP field clarification document to IESG as proposed
standard
  Done     - Submit a specification on Soft Pre-emption of LSP Tunnels to
the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Submit LDP extensions for P2MP LSPs
  Done     - Submit MPLS security framework for publication as an
informational RFC
  Done     - Submit requirements for point-to-multipoint extensions to
LDP
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm for publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-itu-t-identifiers for publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label for publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework for publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-pw-lsp-ping for publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling for
publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing  for
publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection for publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design  for
publication
  Done     - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-gach-adv  for publication
  Aug 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls for publication
  Sep 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-multi-topology  for publication
  Sep 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp for publication
  Oct 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast for publication
  Nov 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-mpls-tp-oam-conf  for
publication
  Nov 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1ton-protection  for publication
  Nov 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-id-mib for publication
  Nov 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability for publication
  Nov 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-retire-ach-tlv for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map  for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-te-mib for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm for
publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone  for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6  for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv  for
publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod  for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-hello-crypto-auth for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ttl-tlv  for publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping  for
publication
  Dec 2013 - Submit draft-ietf-mpls-targeted-mldp for publication