Subject: [mpls] RFC 7032 on LDP Downstream-on-Demand in Seamless MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:10:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7032

        Title:      LDP Downstream-on-Demand in Seamless MPLS 
        Author:     T. Beckhaus, Ed.,
                    B. Decraene, 
                    K. Tiruveedhula,
                    M. Konstantynowicz, Ed.,
                    L. Martini
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 75588
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7032.txt

Seamless MPLS design enables a single IP/MPLS network to scale over
core, metro, and access parts of a large packet network
infrastructure using standardized IP/MPLS protocols.  One of the key
goals of Seamless MPLS is to meet requirements specific to access
networks including high number of devices, device position in network
topology, and compute and memory constraints that limit the amount of
state access devices can hold.  This can be achieved with LDP
Downstream-on-Demand (DoD) label advertisement.  This document
describes LDP DoD use cases and lists required LDP DoD procedures in
the context of Seamless MPLS design.

In addition, a new optional TLV type in the LDP Label Request message
is defined for fast-up convergence.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC