Subject: [mpls] Document Action: 'A Thesaurus for the Terminology used in Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs and ITU-T's Transport Network Recommendations.' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 09:27:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Thesaurus for the Terminology used in Multiprotocol Label Switching
   Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs and ITU-T's Transport
   Network Recommendations.'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-13.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone/

Technical Summary

   MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is based on a profile of the MPLS
   and Pseudowire (PW) procedures as specified in the MPLS-TE, PW and
   Multi-Segment Pseudowire (MS-PW) architectures developed by the
   Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).  The International
   Telecommunications Union Telecommunications Standardization Sector
   (ITU-T) has specified a Transport Network architecture.

   This document provides a thesaurus for the interpretation of MPLS-TP
   terminology within the context of the ITU-T Transport Network
   Recommendations.

   It is important to note that MPLS-TP is applicable in a wider set of
   contexts than just Transport Networks.  The definitions presented in
   this document do not provide exclusive nor complete interpretations
   of MPLS-TP concepts.  This document simply allows the MPLS-TP terms
   to be applied within the Transport Network context.

Working Group Summary

  There was broad support and strong consensus for this document, which
  is a valuable aid to understand the MPLS-TP work for people from both 
  MPLS/IETF and ITU-T backgrounds. 

Document Quality

  This document has received wide review both in the IETF MPLS WG and
  also in the ITU-T. A number of small nits were found and fixed during IETF
  last call.

Personnel

  Ross Callon ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd. 
  Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Document Title
OLD
        A Thesaurus for the Terminology used in Multiprotocol Label
       Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs and ITU-T's
                    Transport Network Recommendations.
NEW
        A Thesaurus for the Interpretation of Terminology used in 
  Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs
     in the Context of the ITU-T's Transport Network Recommendations
END

Section 1
s/Operation, Administration and Management/Operation, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)/

Section 1.1
s/Stuart/Stewart/
s/Vigoureux/Martin Vigoureux/

Section 3.19
s/peer or sink MEP/peer MEP (called the sink MEP)/

Section 8
ADD
   Abdussalam Baryun reviewed this document.
END