Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Moving Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) IANA Registries to a New Registry' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:19:45 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Moving Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) IANA Registries to a New
   Registry'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-moving-iana-registries/

Technical Summary

   RFC 5586 generalized the applicability of the pseudowire Associated
   Channel Header (PW-ACH) into the Generic Associated Channel G-Ach.
   However, registries and allocations of G-ACh parameters had been
   distributed throughout different, sometimes unrelated, registries.
   This document coalesces these into a new "Generic Associated Channel
   (G-ACh)" registry under the "Multiprotocol Label Switching
   Architecture (MPLS)" heading.  This document updates RFC 5586.
   This document also updates RFC 6374, RFC 6428, RFC 6378, RFC 6427,
   RFC-ietf-mpls-gach-adv, and RFC-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing.

Working Group Summary

   There is solid WG consensus to progress this document. 

Document Quality

   This document has been carefully reviewed by the MPLS WG. It does not
   define a protocol and thus cannot be implemented, other than by creating
   a well organized IANA registry. 

Personnel

   Ross Callon is the Document Shepherd. 
   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

   Please coordinate with IANA on the changes introduced by this document.
   Two documents currently in the RFC Editor's Queue make allocations
   from the registries being restructured.
      RFC-ietf-mpls-gach-adv
      RFC-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing

IANA Note

   Please coordinate with the RFC Editor on the changes introduced by this document.
   Two documents currently in the RFC Editor's Queue make allocations
   from the registries being restructured.
      RFC-ietf-mpls-gach-adv
      RFC-ietf-mpls-tp-ethernet-addressing