Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-03.txt> (Use of Multipath with MPLS and MPLS-TP) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 07:12:54 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Use of Multipath with MPLS and MPLS-TP'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
   many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
   very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
   networks.  MPLS-TP has strongly discouraged the use of multipath
   techniques.  Some degradation of MPLS-TP OAM performance cannot be
   avoided when operating over many types of multipath implementations.

   Using MPLS Entropy label, MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) can be
   carried over multipath links while also providing a fully MPLS-TP
   compliant server layer for MPLS-TP LSPs.  This document describes the
   means of supporting MPLS as a server layer for MPLS-TP.  The use of
   MPLS-TP LSPs as a server layer for MPLS LSPs is also discussed.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1593/