Subject: [mpls] [Errata Verified] RFC6426 (4012)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 07:38:40 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6426,
"MPLS On-Demand Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6426&eid=4012

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-06-10
Verified by: Adrian Farrel (IESG)

Section: 7.6

Original Text
-------------
Missing section

Corrected Text
--------------
7.6 New Global Flags Bit

RFC 6425 defines a registry for "Global Flags" under the
"Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path
(LSP) Ping Parameters" registry.

This document defines a new Global Flag, "Validate Reverse
Path (R)". IANA has added this flag to the registry as
follows:

   Bit number  |  Name                      | Reference
   ------------+----------------------------+--------------
      13       |  Validate Reverse Path     | [RFC 6426]

Notes
-----
"Global Flags" registry was created per request of RFC 6425 and did not yet existed when RFC 6426 was published leading to the fumbling of this allocation. This "race condition" has to be fixed to avoid possible name-space collision between RFC 6426 and new extensions to LSP ping.

--------------------------------------
RFC6426 (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : MPLS On-Demand Connectivity Verification and Route Tracing
Publication Date    : November 2011
Author(s)           : E. Gray, N. Bahadur, S. Boutros, R. Aggarwal
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG