Subject: [mpls] MISSION 2015 - IEEE Workshop on Management Issues in SDN, SDI and NFV

From: Chen Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:43:58 -0800

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for cross-postings!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IEEE Workshop on Management Issues in SDN, SDI and NFV
LONDON, UK, APRIL 13-17, 2015
http://sites.ieee.org/netsoft/workshop/MISSION/

CALL FOR PAPERS

SCOPE

The IEEE International Workshop on Management Issues in Software defined
network, Software defined infrastructure and network function
virtualizatION (MISSION 2015) will be held between April 13-17, 2015 in
London, U.K. at the Cruciform Building of University College London (UCL)
along with 1st IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization
(NetSoft 2015). Software is increasing flexibility and programmability of
infrastructure in SDN, SDI and NFV. This softwarization trend has
materialized new product and services that lead to significant business
benefits. To realize these benefits, we also need to rethink the management
issues along with making progress in core functionalities for SDN, SDI and
NFV. A holistic system-oriented innovation approach is needed to redesign
infrastructure management operations, NMS artefacts and functionalities at
multiple levels. The MISSION 2015 workshop will address these new and
emerging management issues in SDN, SDI and NFV.

TOPICS OF INTEREST

Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into the area of
software-defined and virtualized infrastructures. Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to, the following:

- System management challenges in SDN, SDI, NFV
- Network management practices and business procedures for SDN, NFV, SDI in
telco and enterprise data center infrastructures
- New paradigms in network operations, administration and management for
SDN, SDI and NFV
- Management challenges in mobile and wireless SDN and NFV environment
- Service orchestration in converged network-compute and data center
management
- Reliability issues in SDN and NFV
Network management & operations related automation, troubleshooting and
administration tools for SDN, SDI and NFV
- Cloud based network and system management application paradigms for SDN ,
SDI and NFV
- Application of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML),
analytics and big data in network and system management of SDN, SDI and NFV
- Insights about Network Management System (NMS) architectural requirements
& analysis
- User experience, user interface design issues and challenges in NMS for
SDN, SDI, NFV ethnographic studies on network operations centers, usability
studies of management applications

PAPER SUBMISSION

Authors are invited to submit only original papers not published or
submitted for publication elsewhere. Papers should be within 6 pages, in
IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE Conference (
www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
templates and submitted in PDF format via EDAS at: http://edas.info/19315.
Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions elsewhere, and
self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further review. All
submitted papers will be subject to a peer-review process. Accepted and
presented papers will be published in the MISSION 2015 Workshop Proceedings
and submitted to IEEE Xplore.

IMPORTANT DATES

- Paper Submission: January 30, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: February 28, 2015
- Camera Ready Papers: March 13, 2015

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

- Kashinath Basu, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Chen Liu, Microsoft, US

NETSOFT WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

- Amitava Biswas, Cisco Systems, US
- Noura Limam, University of Waterloo, Canada

NETSOFT GENERAL CO-CHAIRS

- Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France
- George Pavlou, University College London, UK

IEEE SDN Initiative Chair

- Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy

TECHNICAL SPONSORS

- IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Consumer
Electronics Society and IEEE Signal Processing