Subject: [mpls] MASONS 2015 - IEEE International Workshop on Manageability and Security of Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Network

From: Chen Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:46:15 -0800

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for cross-postings!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for Papers

IEEE International Workshop on Manageability and Security of Network
Function Virtualization and Software Defined Network (MASONS)
With ICCCN 2015 at Las Vegas, Aug 3 – 6, 2015
http://www.icccn.org/icccn15/

MASONS 2015 is Technically Co-Sponsored by the IEEE Communication Society

1. Theme

Today, many research organizations in academia, government labs and
industry are exploring SDN and NFV technologies to study and materialize
their benefits in real world networks. These benefits are enabling
automation, reducing time to market in case of new service introductions,
optimization and/or improving overall economics of network and system
management and operations. However to materialize the benefits of SDN and
NFV at larger scale across multiple domains, similar to today’s internet,
additional investigations are needed which should focus beyond the core
SDN, NFV features and functionalities. This involves: development of
multi-domain SDN network to support Internet; large scale deployment of
novel applications, identification of technological and operational gaps in
research and development over the longer term to increase the capability of
SDN and NFV powered networks, and better integrate them with existing
public Internet and emerging cloud technologies; Identification of
security, manageability gaps, including opportunities to build in
additional levels of security, resilience and management capabilities.

2. Topics of interest

This workshop aims to show case and disseminate new ideas and high quality
research on manageability and security of Software Defined Network and
Network Function Virtualization. We solicit original research articles,
review papers, theoretical studies, and practical software systems
incorporating new paradigms, experimental prototypes, and insightful
requirement analysis with the above theme including, but not limited to the
topics below:
* Design, requirements and prototypes of Software Defined Exchanges (SDX)
to enable interoperability and use of new approaches with the current
Internet infrastructure.
* Security, privacy, authentication, trust, verification for SDN and NFV.
* Integration of compute, storage and network under the Software Defined
Infrastructure (SDI) paradigm.
* Analysis of new management challenges that SDN and NFV has introduced.
* Network management practices and business processes for SDN and NFV, in
service provider and data center infrastructures.
* Tools and operational procedures for managing SDN.
* New paradigms in network operations, administration and management (OAM),
service orchestration, service engineering, converged network-compute and
data center management.
* Software Defined Network (SDN), abstraction, programmability, application
Interface, south and northbound API.
* Network Function Virtualization (NFV), distributed control, virtual
switches, routing virtualization.
* Network system management, orchestration, resource management and
optimization, integration, interoperability.
* Network operations management related automation, troubleshooting and
management tools.
* Cloud based network and system management application paradigms.
* Application of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML),
analytics and big data in network and system management.
* Insights about Network Management System architectural requirements
analysis.
* Scalability of SDN, NFV, SDI, NMS systems.
* User experience, user interface design issues and challenges in NMS for
SDN, NFV, ethnographic studies on network operations centers, usability
studies of management applications.

3. Instructions for IEEE MASONS 2015 Workshop Authors:

Submitted manuscripts must be formatted in standard IEEE camera ready
format (double column, 10 pt font) and must be submitted via EasyChair (
http://www.easychair.org/) as PDF files (formatted for 8.5×11 inch paper).
It should be no longer than 6 pages with up to two extra pages given the
authors are willing to pay an over-length charge per extra page. The
detailed information can be found in the ICCCN 2015 (Las Vegas) website.
For any workshop related questions or additional information please contact
the General, TPC, or Workshop Chairs.

Submitted papers should not be previously published in or be under
consideration for publication in another conference or journal. Paper
titles and/or author names cannot be changed and/or added to the papers
once papers are submitted to ICCCN 2015 for review. Submissions must
include a title, abstract, keywords, author(s) and affiliation(s) with
postal and email address(es) and phone number(s). A paper abstract must be
registered on EasyChair by the deadline indicated below.

4. Important dates:

* Abstract Due: Mar 2, 2015
* Paper Due: Mar 10, 2015
* Acceptance Notification: Apr 13, 2015
* Camera Ready Due: May 8, 2015

5. Review and Publication of Manuscripts:

Submitted papers will be reviewed by the ICCCN 2015 TPC members and judged
on originality, technical correctness, relevance, and quality of
presentation. An accepted paper must be presented at the conference venue
by one (who registered/paid full author reg. fee) of authors to be included
in the conference venue. Each full registration covers up to two ICCCN 2015
conference papers authored by the registered/paid author. Accepted and
presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and
submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I)
databases. The page limit for papers is 6 pages. Papers should be submitted
on EDAS, the link for this workshop will be published here shortly.

Papers of special merit will be selected for possible fast track at a
journal special issue at IJCNDS (see details at
http://www.inderscience.com/info/ingeneral/cfplist.php?jcode=ijcnds and
http://www.manageability-at-scale.org/cfp/).

6. Workshop chairs
* Inder Monga, ESnet and LBNL, USA, [email-masked]
* Amitava Biswas, Cisco Systems, USA, [email-masked]
* Chen Liu, Microsoft, USA, [email-masked]