Subject: [mpls] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 03:07:08 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- An editorial detail in the abstract. Take it or leave it
   The MPLS-in-UDP encapsulation technology must only be deployed within
a
   single network (with a single network operator) or networks of an
   adjacent set of co-operating network operators where traffic is
   managed to avoid congestion, rather than over the Internet where
   congestion control is required.

We rarely see specifications ("must" sentences) in abstracts.
Do you want to say something like: 
   The MPLS-in-UDP encapsulation applicability is for networks where 
   traffic is managed to avoid congestion, rather than over the Internet

   where congestion control is required.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:10:54 -0000

I'd be happy to change the Abstract as Benoit suggests, but I note that we have been doing a dance to keep the TSV community happy, and these words did the trick. Changing them at this late stage might be seen as going back on a promise.

Adrian (contributing author and recused)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: iesg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
> Sent: 22 January 2015 11:07
> To: The IESG
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; Loa Andersson
> Subject: Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-10: (with
> COMMENT)
>

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 21:40:57 +0800

Folks,

I agree with Adrian - would only chage if it were a very strong
requirement - "take it or leave it " - doesn't to be so strong.

/Loa
(chair hat and shepherd cape on)

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64