Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:06:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : LDP Extensions to Support Maximally Redundant Trees
        Authors         : Alia Atlas
                          Kishore Tiruveedhula
                          Chris Bowers
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-01-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies extensions to the Label Distribution
   Protocol(LDP) to support the creation of label-switched paths for
   Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT).  A prime use of MRTs is for unicast
   and multicast IP/LDP Fast-Reroute, which we will refer to as MRT-FRR.

   The sole protocol extension to LDP is simply the ability to advertise
   an MRT Capability.  This document describes that extension and the
   associated behavior expected for LSRs and LERs advertising the MRT
   Capability.

   MRT-FRR uses LDP multi-topology extensions and requires three
   different multi-topology IDs to be allocated from the LDP MT-ID
   space.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/