Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:12:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Application-aware Targeted LDP
        Authors         : Santosh Esale
                          Raveendra Torvi
                          Chris Bowers
                          Luay Jalil
                          Uma Chunduri
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Kamran Raza
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-02-16

Abstract:
   Recent targeted LDP applications such as remote loop-free alternates
   (LFA) and BGP auto discovered pseudowire may automatically establish
   a tLDP session to any LSR in a network. The initiating LSR has
   information about the targeted applications to administratively
   control initiation of the session. However the responding LSR has no
   such information to control acceptance of this session. This document
   defines a mechanism to advertise and negotiate Targeted Applications
   Capability during LDP session initialization. As the responding LSR
   becomes aware of targeted applications, it may establish a limited
   number of tLDP sessions for certain applications. In addition, each
   targeted application is mapped to LDP Forwarding Equivalence Class
   (FEC) Elements to advertise only necessary LDP FEC-label bindings
   over the session.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:17:53 +0000

Rather a lot of authors in this one.

Which, as I have commented on before, I do think a real issue of making
it unclear just who should do what when action on the I-D is needed -
like cutting back the number of authors to fit within the RFC Editor
guidelines:-)

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:12 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-00.txt

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:30:28 +0800

Tom,

Chair hat on

- there are 7 authors ( I think I have a record of 22)
- there is a rule in RFC 7322, that says:
   "The total number of authors or editors on the first page is generally
    limited to five individuals and their affiliations.  If there is a
    request for more than five authors, the stream-approving body needs
    to consider if one or two editors should have primary responsibility
    for this document, with the other individuals listed in the
    Contributors or Acknowledgements section."
    So not an absolute requirement
- since the rule is there most chairs bring this up with the authors
   some time during the process up to "Publication Request"
- my practice (and I have forgotten a few times) is to bring this up
   after the 2nd IPR poll, since editors, authors, contributors and
   people acknowledge to have substantial contribution are required to
   respond explicitly to the IPR poll.
   If we start moving people around or off, it will be the chairs
   headache to track them down, better to have well listed.
- I don't belive this *policy* need to be discussed for a single
   document or on the mpls wg mailing list only.

Chair hat off
- I think this policy need to be discussed, but if it is it should
   probably be on IETF discuss list.

/Loa

On 2015-02-18 02:17, t.petch wrote:
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64