Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry-02.txt> (IANA registries for LSP ping Code Points) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 06:19:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'IANA registries for LSP ping Code Points'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 4379 and RFC 6424 created name spaces for Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping.  However, those RFCs
   did not create the corresponding IANA registries for the Downstream
   Mapping object Flags (DS Flags), Multipath Type, Pad TLV and Address
   Types.

   There is now a need to make further code point allocations from these
   name spaces.  This document updates RFC 4379 and RFC 6424 in that it
   creates the IANA registries for that purpose.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-registry/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.