Subject: [mpls] mpls wg milestones

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 17:02:45 +0800

Working Group,

We've been mulling over or milestones for quite some time.

I'm not that happy with how the milestones work today, and will take
a requirement discussion with the tools people after Dallas.

There are a number of issues

- It is very hard to group several drafts together to form a single
   milestone that is possible to track
- The meaning of e.g. "Submit draft-ietf-mpls-foo-bar for publication"
   for publication has changed over time. When we first used it was to
   reflect the actual "publication request", later it became close to the
   "AD go ahead" after "the AD evaluation", now we have more work in
   and after IETF Last Call, during the IESG evaluation and the IANA and
   RFC Editor processing.

To reflect this the milestone of the format:

Jan 2015 Submit draft-ietf-mpls-foo-bar for publication

will be marked "Done" after the IETF Last Call is done and a new
milestone of the format

Feb 2015 ++ Progress Jan draft-ietf-mpls-foo-bar to publication

That milestone will be marked done when the RFC is published. It also
have a click-able link to take you directly to the draft from the
charter page.

There are some draft past IETF Last but where this change has not been
made, this will be sorted out over time.

I don't think this is ideal and hope we can do something once
requirements are discussed and understood.

/Loa
mpls wg co-chair
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64