Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 00:24:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Enhanced path segment monitoring
        Authors         : Alessandro D'Alessandro
                          Loa Andersson
                          Manuel Paul
                          Satoshi Ueno
                          Kaoru Arai
                          Yoshinori Koike
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-09.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-12-18

Abstract:
   The MPLS transport profile (MPLS-TP) has been standardized to enable
   carrier-grade packet transport and to complement converged packet
   network deployments.  The most attractive features of MPLS-TP are the
   OAM functions.  These functions enable maintenance tools that may be
   exploited by network operators and service providers for fault
   location, survivability, performance monitoring, in-service and out-
   of-service measurements.

   One of the most important mechanisms that is common for transport
   network operation is fault localisation.  A segment monitoring
   function of a transport path is effective in terms of extension of
   the maintenance work and indispensable, particularly when the OAM
   function is activated only between end points.  However, the current
   approach defined for MPLS-TP of segment monitoring has some
   drawbacks.  This document elaborates on the problem statement for the
   Sub-path Maintenance Elements (SPMEs) which provide monitoring of a
   segment of a set of transport paths (LSPs or MS-PWs).  Based on the
   identified problems, this document provides considerations for the
   specification of new requirements to consider a new improved
   mechanism for hitless transport path segment monitoring to be named
   Enhanced Path Segment Monitoring (EPSM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/