Subject: [mpls] preparing draft-ietf-mpls-rfc4379bis for working group last call

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 18:24:07 +0200

Working Group,

The authors have told us that the document is ready for working group
last call, there are a few things we need to complete before starting
the wglc.

First need to clarify what type of document we are aiming for, this
mail is intended to do that.

    When we started the work to update RFC 4379 we fully intended to
    take it to Internet Standard (the top of the standards ladder).
    However, there are many updates to RFC 4379, and we want to capture
    as many of these updates as possible.
    RFC 6410 (section 2.2) describes the maturity level required for
    Internet Standard.
    Given how much material has been combined and updated in
    draft-ietf-mpls-rfc4379bis, time is needed to ensure that no errors
    were inadvertently introduced.
    We have therefore instructed the team working on RFC4379bis to
    change the "Intended Status" to Proposed Standard (PS). At the same
    we'd like the authors to work closely (after publication of the PS)
    with the wg and the wg-chairs to verify when we have met the
    criteria to make the document an Internet Standard."

Second, we need to do a IPR poll, will send a separate mail.

Third, we need to do an implementation poll, will send a separate mail.

These separate mails will go out shortly.

/Loa
for the MPLS wg chairs
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64