Subject: Re: [mpls] New Version Notification for draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt

From: "Vengada Prasad Govindan (venggovi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 02:24:35 +0000

Hello all,
  draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt was presented by Greg Mirsky at IETF 96 MPLS WG and is scheduled for presentation at BESS and BFD WG meetings. Authors request comments/ suggestions on this draft.
Thanks
Prasad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 6:11 PM
To: MALLIK MUDIGONDA (mmudigon) <[email-masked]>; MALLIK MUDIGONDA (mmudigon) <[email-masked]>; Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>; Vengada Prasad Govindan (venggovi) <[email-masked]>; Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>; Ali Sajassi (sajassi) <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Vengada Prasad Govindan and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd
Revision:	00
Title:		Fault Management for EVPN networks
Document date:	2016-07-06
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00

Abstract:
   This document proposes a proactive, in-band network OAM mechanism to
   detect loss of continuity and miss-connection faults that affect
   unicast and multi-destination paths, used by Broadcast, unknown
   Unicast and Multicast traffic, in an EVPN network.  The mechanisms
   proposed in the draft use the principles of the widely adopted
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection protocol.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 12:39:06 +0000

Hi,

Some questions on the draft:

- Section 4 mentions that LSP-Ping is needed to exchange discriminators
because the MPLS label stack doesn¹t contain enough information to
disambiguate the sender of the session. Isn¹t the IP hdr enough?

- Section 7.1.1 mentions SH label, I believe this is the ESI label as per
section 8.3 of RFC7432?

- There are alternative encapsulation formats with sub-TLVs for unicast
and multicast. Is it an alternative to the label stack or on top of the
label stack? Even if obvious, I think the advantage of those alternative
formats should be stated.

Regards,
Reshad.

On 2016-07-19, 4:24 AM, "Rtg-bfd on behalf of Vengada Prasad Govindan
(venggovi)" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]>
wrote:

>Hello all,
>  draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt was presented by Greg Mirsky at IETF 96
>MPLS WG and is scheduled for presentation at BESS and BFD WG meetings.
>Authors request comments/ suggestions on this draft.
>Thanks
>Prasad
>
>To: MALLIK MUDIGONDA (mmudigon) <[email-masked]>; MALLIK MUDIGONDA
>(mmudigon) <[email-masked]>; Greg Mirsky
><[email-masked]>; Vengada Prasad Govindan (venggovi)
><[email-masked]>; Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>; Ali
>Sajassi (sajassi) <[email-masked]>
>A new version of I-D, draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt has been
>successfully submitted by Vengada Prasad Govindan and posted to the IETF
>repository.
>
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-00.txt
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>