Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-05.txt> (Shared-Ring protection (MSRP) mechanism for ring topology) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 08:59:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Shared-Ring protection (MSRP) mechanism for ring topology'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-05.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes requirements, architecture and solutions for
   MPLS-TP Shared Ring Protection (MSRP) in a ring topology for point-
   to-point (P2P) services.  The MSRP mechanism is described to meet the
   ring protection requirements as described in RFC 5654.  This document
   defines the Ring Protection Switch (RPS) Protocol that is used to
   coordinate the protection behavior of the nodes on MPLS ring.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2680/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2681/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2682/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2683/