Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:16:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching of the IETF.

        Title           : Synonymous Flow Label Framework
        Authors         : Stewart Bryant
                          Mach Chen
                          Zhenbin Li
                          George Swallow
                          Siva Sivabalan
                          Gregory Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-framework-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-06-26

Abstract:
   draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident describes the requirement for introducing
   flow identities within the MPLS architecture.  This document
   describes a method of accomplishing this by using a technique called
   Synonymous Flow Labels in which labels which mimic the behaviour of
   other labels provide the identification service.  These identifiers
   can be used to trigger per-flow operations on the on the packet at
   the receiving label switching router.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-framework-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-framework-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bryant-mpls-sfl-framework-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:22:09 +0100

The changes in this version are the inclusion of RFC2119 boilerplate 
(which nits
doesn't like) and the following replacement text for point two in Section 5
(Equal Cost Multipath Considerations )

    2.  The operator can elect to use [RFC6790] Entropy Labels in a
        network that fully supports this type of ECMP.  If this approach
        is adopted, the intervening MPLS network MUST NOT load balance on
        any packet field other than the entropy label.  Note that this is
        stricter than the text in Section 4.2 of [RFC6790].  In networks
        in which the ECMP decision is independent of both the value of
        any other label in the label stack, and the MPLS payload, the
        path of the flow with the SFL will be congruent with the path
        without the SFL.

I think that this addresses the concerns raised during the previous review.

If there are any other points that I missed, please let me know. Otherwise
I think that we are ready to move forward.

- Stewart

On 26/06/2017 16:16, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls