Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Updates to MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection in Automatic Protection Switching (APS) Mode' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-aps-updates-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 08:43:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updates to MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection in
   Automatic Protection Switching (APS) Mode'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-tp-aps-updates-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-aps-updates/

Technical Summary

 The document contains updates to MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
 linear protection in Automatic Protection Switching (APS) mode
 defined in RFC 7271.  The updates provide rules related to the
 initialization of the Protection State Coordination (PSC) Control
 Logic. When PSC operates in APS mode, the state machine is part of
 the control logic. The document also clarifies some operations
 related to state transition table lookup.

Working Group Summary

 The interest in MPLS-TP is slightly waning, however there is a
  rather strong group within the working group working on the last
  MPLS-TP documents. The MPLS WG is also committed to complete the
  MPLS-TP project. This document has been greatly improved in the
  reviews during the working group process.

Document Quality

 We know of a several vendors that intend to implement this 
  specification, we actually expect every implementor that did
  implement  RFC 7271 to implement.
  Several vendors have said that they will implement "as soon as it
  is an RFC".

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard