Subject: [mpls] RFC 8320 on LDP Extensions to Support Maximally Redundant Trees

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:33:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8320

        Title:      LDP Extensions to Support Maximally 
                    Redundant Trees 
        Author:     A. Atlas,
                    K. Tiruveedhula,
                    C. Bowers, 
                    J. Tantsura,
                    IJ. Wijnands
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47801
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mrt-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8320

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8320

This document specifies extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol
(LDP) to support the creation of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) for
Maximally Redundant Trees (MRTs).  A prime use of MRTs is for unicast
and multicast IP/LDP Fast Reroute, which we will refer to as
"MRT-FRR".

The sole protocol extension to LDP is simply the ability to advertise
an MRT Capability.  This document describes that extension and the
associated behavior expected for Label Switching Routers (LSRs) and
Label Edge Routers (LERs) advertising the MRT Capability.

MRT-FRR uses LDP multi-topology extensions, so three multi-topology
IDs have been allocated from the MPLS MT-ID space.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC