Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 09:42:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for MPLS Static LSPs
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Kamran Raza
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Xufeng Liu
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-02-15

Abstract:
   This document contains the specification for the MPLS Static Label
   Switched Paths (LSPs) YANG model.  The model allows for the
   provisioning of static LSP(s) on LER(s) and LSR(s) devices along a
   LSP path without the dependency on any signaling protocol.  The MPLS
   Static LSP model augments the MPLS base YANG model with specific data
   to configure and manage MPLS Static LSP(s).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:52:50 -0000

As a YANG module, I think that this needs some - well, quite a lot of -
work

- Terminology section needs to reference RFC8174

- ietf-netmod-revised-datastores is the correct reference for most of
the terms in the Terminology section

- ietf-rib needs a reference (ietf-routing is the usual base routing
module)

- it references YANG 1.0 and not 1.1 - if this is justified, it needs an
explanation

- it is not NMDA compliant - this needs changing or justifying

- " and augments the MPLS Base YANG model defined in module
   "ietf-mpls" in [I-D.saad-mpls-static-yang].

ietf-mpls does not appear an the referenced I-D

- the I-D has five authors, the YANG module has ten

- the module lacks a copyright clause

- the imports need references, best provided with a reference clause for
each,  and again in the text of the I-D and in the I-D References
section
see
draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module
for an example of this

- good practice is to list the prefix used and the RFC in which they can
be found somewhere in the text of the I-D
draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis
has an example of this

- the YANG module needs a reference back to the RFC in which it appears
along with a note to the RC editor to replace XXXX with the relevant
number - you have a reference to RFC3031 which is sadly mistaken

- If a reference to RFC3031 is warranted, then it needs to appear in the
text of the I-D and in the References section

- static-extended - same comments

- Security Considerations needs updating - it needs to call out the
vulnerable objects

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:42 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-static-yang-05.txt

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt