Subject: [mpls] Document Action: 'MPLS Flow Identification Considerations' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 09:58:55 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS Flow Identification Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident/

Technical Summary

This document discusses the aspects that need to be
considered when developing a solution for MPLS flow
identification.  The key application that needs this is
in-band performance monitoring of MPLS flows when
MPLS is used to encapsulate user data packets.

Working Group Summary

The MPLS working group had a long discussion on the
need and method of source and flow identification. They
converged on the considerations captured in this framework
document and on the method described in a set of
forthcoming specifications.

The working group is solidly behind this document. 

Document Quality

This is a framework document, and as such it does not directly
specify an implementable protocol, there are a set of documents
in the pipe that will do that. Several vendors have indicated 
that they will implement the upcoming solution.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard