Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath-05.txt> (Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Trace Multipath Support for Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 15:08:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Label Switched Path (LSP)
Ping/Trace Multipath Support for Link
   Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines extensions to the MPLS Label Switched Path
   (LSP) Ping and Traceroute mechanisms as specified in RFC 8029.  The
   extensions allow the MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute mechanisms to
   discover and exercise specific paths of Layer 2 (L2) Equal-Cost
   Multipath (ECMP) over Link Aggregation Group (LAG) interfaces.
   Additionally, a mechanism is defined to enable determination of the
   capabilities of an LSR supported.

   This document updates RFC8029.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2496/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3192/