Subject: [mpls] [Errata Rejected] RFC5036 (5597)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:25:45 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC5036,
"LDP Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5597

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Ramakrishna Rao DTV <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2019-01-10
Rejected by: Deborah Brungard (IESG)

Section: 2.5.3

Original Text
-------------
   The session establishment setup attempt following a NAK'd
   Initialization message MUST be delayed no less than 15 seconds, and
   subsequent delays MUST grow to a maximum delay of no less than 2
   minutes.  The specific session establishment action that must be
   delayed is the attempt to open the session transport connection by
   the LSR playing the active role.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The session establishment setup attempt following a NAK'd
   Initialization message MUST be delayed no less than 15 seconds, and
   subsequent delays MUST grow to a maximum delay of no more than 2
   minutes.  The specific session establishment action that must be
   delayed is the attempt to open the session transport connection by
   the LSR playing the active role.

Notes
-----
In the 3rd line, "less" is changed to "more".

The intention is to cap the maximum delay. But the existing text implies no cap
essentially.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
This change is a technical change as it changes from no cap to a cap of 2 minutes. This request needs to go via the consensus process (e.g. RFC).

--------------------------------------
RFC5036 (draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : LDP Specification
Publication Date    : October 2007
Author(s)           : L. Andersson, Ed., I. Minei, Ed., B. Thomas, Ed.
Category            : DRAFT STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG