Subject: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8287 (6389)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 23:05:14 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8287,
"Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute for Segment Routing (SR) IGP-Prefix and IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifiers (SIDs) with MPLS Data Planes".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6389

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: James Bensley <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.2

Original Text
-------------
5.2.  IPv6 IGP-Prefix Segment ID

   The IPv6 IGP-Prefix Segment ID is defined in [SR].  The format is as
   specified below:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     |                         IPv6 Prefix                           |
     |                                                               |
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |Prefix Length  |    Protocol   |              Reserved         |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   IPv6 Prefix

      This field carries the IPv6 prefix to which the Segment ID is
      assigned.  In case of an Anycast Segment ID, this field will carry
      the IPv4 Anycast address.

Corrected Text
--------------
5.2.  IPv6 IGP-Prefix Segment ID

   The IPv6 IGP-Prefix Segment ID is defined in [SR].  The format is as
   specified below:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     |                         IPv6 Prefix                           |
     |                                                               |
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |Prefix Length  |    Protocol   |              Reserved         |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   IPv6 Prefix

      This field carries the IPv6 prefix to which the Segment ID is
      assigned.  In case of an Anycast Segment ID, this field will carry
      the IPv6 Anycast address.

Notes
-----
Copy-pasta reusing the IPv4 IGP-Prefix Segment ID description for the IPv6 IGP-Prefix Segment ID description, and in the case of an IPv6 Anycast Segment ID it states that an IPv4 prefix should be entered into the IPv6 Prefix field.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8287 (draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute for Segment Routing (SR) IGP-Prefix and IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifiers (SIDs) with MPLS Data Planes
Publication Date    : December 2017
Author(s)           : N. Kumar, Ed., C. Pignataro, Ed., G. Swallow, N. Akiya, S. Kini, M. Chen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG