Subject: [mpls] Closed: MPLS-RT review of draft-gandhi-mpls-ioam-sr-04

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 11:43:31 +0800

Working Group,

Dec 11, 2020, I started a MPLS-RT review of draft-gandhi-mpls-ioam-sr. 
This review is now closed.

Since the MPLS-RT review was across the holiday season, we asked for the 
reviews to be done

There are some comments that needs to be addressed before we start the 
adoption poll.

The MPLS-RT reviewers were Andy, Mach, Matthew and Nick, in addition to 
the MPLS-RT reviewers Stewart commented.

Matthew has told the wg chairs that his comments are covered by the 
comments from Mach and Andy.  I have asked Matthew to post a formal review.

Nick participated in the early discussion where the method for ECMP 
avoidance needs to be documented prior to adopting the document as a 
working group document.

The discussion preliminarily focused on the method how to make sure that 
ECMP can be avoided. The wg converged  on using the ACH-header.

However, late in the discussion that the depth of the label stack has in 
impact on whether an ACH-header is processed or not in a node. He 
proposed that if we really need to process the ECMP avoidance at each 
node the the architectural correct way of doing that would be by a new 
hop-by-hop FEC. It is at the moment unclear to me whether the new FEC is 
complimentary to the ACH-header or an alternative. I have asked Stewart 
on the wg mailing list.

The  authors should work with the people making comments and shepherd, 
resolve the comments and post a new version of the document, that we 
will use for WGAP.

/Loa
mpls wg co-chair

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64