Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-control-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 01:57:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Simple Control Protocol for MPLS SFLs
        Authors         : Stewart Bryant
                          George Swallow
                          Siva Sivabalan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-control-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2022-01-21

Abstract:
   In RFC 8957 the concept of MPLS synonymos flow labels (SFL) was
   introduced.  This document describes a simple control protocol that
   runs over an associated control header to request, withdraw, and
   extend the lifetime of such labels.  It is not the only control
   protocol that might be used to support SFL, but it has the benefit of
   being able to be used without modifying of the existing MPLS control
   protocols.  The existence of this design is not intended to restrict
   the ability to enhance an existing MPLS control protocol to add a
   similar capability.

   A Querier MUST wait a configured time (suggested wait of 60 seconds)
   before re-attempting a Withdraw request.  No more than three Withdraw
   requests SHOULD be made.  These restrictions are to prevent
   overloading the control plane of the actioning router.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-control/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-control-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-control-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts