Subject: Re: [MSDP] Reminder -- MSDP WG last call ends at 1700 PST Today

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:24:31 -0800

>> I'm wondering why folks even bothered to request comments on the draft if
>> there's no intention to make any changes to it.

	We'll make substantive changes. However, we cycled this
	way for many years, and the goal here is to get something
	done. 

>> IMO, changes that clarify the protocol (ie. ones that are not protocol
>> enhancements) are very much in the scope of the informational RFC.  
>> That's definitely something that someone wanting to build an interoperable
>> implementation would find useful.

	We have had very positive comments from implementors.

	Not of your comments were substantive changes to the
	spec, so I see no reason to cycle yet again.

	Dave

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:24:31 -0800

Dave