Subject: Re: [Mter] Any news?

From: "Diego Caviglia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:01:11 +0100

Hi Didier,
            that is more or less the same idea I had to solve this issue.

What I'm concerned with is that this usage of TCM prevent carries to use
TCM for 'normal' purposes.

Regards

Diego

[cut]
> You are right this is an issue. However, I believe the typical solution
> to overcome this problem is establishing a tandem connection in each of
> the three segments and making use of the sublayer supervision function
> in order to allow detecting whether the failure occured ON or UPSTREAM
> OF the tandem connection.
> For example: when a failure occurs in segment 1 (thus a<---->D) then D
> will translate the the AU_AIS into a IncAIS (N-bytes in the path
> overhead of the tandem connection D->G). G will detect this IncAIS and
> will simply generate AIS downstream. However, when segment 2 fails (thus
> D<--->G), then G may receive an AU_AIS (and not a IncAIS) implying that
> it has to trigger the GMPLS P&R.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Didier

_______________________________________________
MTER mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mter