Subject: [multimob] WG: New Version Notification for draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-02

From: "Von-Hugo, Dirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:11:58 +0200

Dear all,
This is to announce that a new (but only slightly) updated version of 
draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-02 
is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents-02.tx
t and any comments are very welcome.
Best regards
Dirk

Filename:	 draft-von-hugo-multimob-agents
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Agent-based multicast support for moving networks
(NEMO)
Creation_date:	 2008-04-25
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 11

Abstract:
This document describes an approach to support multicast listeners and 
senders located within a moving IPv6 network (NEMO). A NEMO
is built up by at least one Mobile Router (MR) and a set of Mobile 
Network Nodes (MNNs).  The MR handles all routing related tasks to 
provide connectivity between the MNNs and an access network

including mobility management.  Correspondingly the MR also 
subscribes to multicast groups and forwards emerging multicast
 traffic on behalf of a MNN.
For optimised routing of multicast data a hierarchical multicast

agent is introduced as a logical entity providing an anchor to the 
multicast tree.  In the MR a corresponding functionality is defined 
which decides on the location of the specific agent to be used for a 
distinct multicast traffic.

Conventions used in this document
The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [1].

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob