Subject: Re: [multimob] FW:Response to draft-liu-multimob-reliable-igmp-mld-00.txt

From: Liu Hui <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 18:10:00 +0800

Hi  Icesen,

Please see my comments in line:

>        I have seen your draft, my thoughts on this:
> 
> In my opinion, I think it is not efficient for transmitting. 
> It cost a lot of time to join the multicast group.

IMHO this will depend on the value of the retransmission interval of IGMP
and WIGMP reports.

> If the 
> condition of the link is good, it will cost a little time to 
> retransmit the data. So I think it enhance the time delay. 

If the conditions of the link is good, the router can send the multicast
data immediately to the host, after sending the ACK message to the first
report. This should not introduce additional delay.

> Do you agree?

If the retransmission interval of IGMP report ([Unsolicited Report
Interval]) is equal to that of WIGMP [RETRANS_INTERVAL], the second and the
following reports will both be generated at this interval. There shouldn't
also be additional delay.

If the [Unsolicited Report Interval] is set shorter than [RETRANS_INTERVAL],
shorter than what WIGMP can process, delay of WIGMP reports (exept for the
first report) will indeed be longer. 

Thanks for your comments,
Liu Hui