Subject: [multimob] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-03

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 01:32:13 +0800

Hi all,

we have submitted an update of the FMIPv6/PFMIPv6 multicast draft: 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-03.txt

This revision has filled the remaining gaps and undertaken some 
editorial improvements.

Sorry for being late, but this was just a finish-up.

Let's discuss tomorrow ...

Thomas

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-03
Date: Mon,  8 Nov 2010 09:20:40 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, 
draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-03.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Thomas Schmidt and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Multicast Listener Extensions for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 Fast Handovers
Creation_date:	 2010-11-08
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 24

Abstract:
Fast handover protocols for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 define mobility
management procedures that support unicast communication at reduced
handover latencies.  Fast handover base operations do not affect
multicast communication, and hence do not accelerate handover
management for native multicast listeners.  Many multicast
applications like IPTV or conferencing, though, are comprised of
delay-sensitive real-time traffic and will benefit from fast handover
execution.  This document specifies extension of the Mobile IPv6 Fast
Handovers (FMIPv6) and the Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6
(PFMIPv6) protocols to include multicast traffic management in fast
handover operations.

The IETF Secretariat.