Subject: [multipathtcp] draft-van-beijnum-1e-mp-tcp-00

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 19:43:02 +0200

Hi all,

Here's my one-ended multipath TCP draft. Please let me know what you  
think.

Iljitsch

Begin forwarded message:

> Filename:	 draft-van-beijnum-1e-mp-tcp
> Revision:	 00
> Title:		 One-ended multipath TCP
> Creation_date:	 2009-05-06
> WG ID:		 Independent Submission
> Number_of_pages: 21

> Abstract:
> Normal TCP/IP operation is for the routing system to select a best
> path that remains stable for some time, and for TCP to adjust to the
> properties of this path to optimize throughput.  A multipath TCP
> would be able to either use capacity on multiple paths, or
> dynamically find the best performing path, and therefore reach higher
> throughput.  By adapting to the properties of several paths through
> the usual congestion control algorithms, a multipath TCP shifts its
> traffic to less congested paths, leaving more capacity available for
> traffic that can't move to another path on more congested paths.  And
> when a path fails, this can be detected and worked around by TCP much
> more quickly than by waiting for the routing system to repair the
> failure.

> This memo specifies a multipath TCP that is implemented on the
> sending host only, without requiring modifications on the receiving
> host.