Subject: [multipathtcp] Document Action: 'Coupled Congestion Control for Multipath Transport Protocols' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-mptcp-congestion-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 07:00:16 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Coupled Congestion Control for Multipath Transport Protocols'
  (draft-ietf-mptcp-congestion-07.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Multipath TCP Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Wesley Eddy and David Harrington.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-congestion/

Technical Summary

This document presents a congestion control algorithm which couples
TCP standard congestion control algorithms running on different subflows.
This coupled congestion control algorithm allows a flow that uses
multiple paths to utilize bandwidth efficiently while keeping the
fairness to other flows at the bottleneck.
Protocols such as Multipath TCP and SCTP which support multiple
end-points for a single flow benefit from this algorithm.

Working Group Summary

This document has been discussed in the WG meetings and the mailing list.
The WG reached consensus on this document.

Document Quality

This document was reviewed by various people and has been through
WGLC successfully. No substantial issues were raised during the process.
There are Linux implementation for this draft that are actively maintained.
Some companies show interest in implementing this. 

Personnel

Yoshifumi Nishida is the document shepherd, and Wesley Eddy
([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

This document includes several equations which are key to the material.
If the RFC Editor can consider whether there are more clear ways to
present some of the equations in the ASCII text of the document, or if
the current format is typical of other similar equations that have been
published in RFCs, it would be appreciated.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:25:06 +0100

great news! - thanks especially to the authors Costin Mark and Damon for all the work on this

phil

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG [[email-masked]]
Sent: 29 July 2011 15:00
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: mptcp mailing list; mptcp chair; RFC Editor
Subject: [multipathtcp] Document Action: 'Coupled Congestion Control for        Multipath Transport     Protocols' to Experimental RFC  (draft-ietf-mptcp-congestion-07.txt)

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

RFC Editor Note

_______________________________________________
multipathtcp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multipathtcp