Subject: [multipathtcp] mptcp on emulab

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 01:23:30 -0700

Hello,

I've just prepared mptcp kernel on emulab. ( http://www.emulab.net )
If you have an account for emulab, now it'll be easy for you to do
some experiments for mptcp.

As described in their web page, emulab is an emulated experiment
allows you to specify an arbitrary network topology,
giving you a controllable, predictable, and repeatable environment,
including PC nodes on which you have full "root" access,
running an operating system of your choice.

By using emulab, you can easily create arbitrary multi-home
environments, which would be useful for the experiments of mptcp.

For example, you can create one mptcp node by running the following script.
Please copy mptcp.tgz from users.emulab.net:/q/tmp/mptcp.tgz to your
project's tar file directory before the experiments.

  set ns [new Simulator]
  source tb_compat.tcl

  tb-make-soft-vtype N {pc3000 pc2400w pc2000 pc6000 pc2400c2 pc2400h4
pc2830qx2}

  set node1 [$ns node]
  tb-set-node-os $node1 UBUNTU10-STD
  tb-set-hardware $node1 N
  tb-set-node-tarfiles $node1 / /proj/your_project/tarfiles/mptcp.tgz
  tb-set-node-startcmd $node1 { sudo update-grub; sudo reboot }

  $ns run

I also put additional sample descriptions on the
http://www.nishida.org/emulab_mptcp
If you have further questions, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks,
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
[email-masked]