Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mptcp-api-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:57:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPTCP Application Interface Considerations
	Author(s)       : Michael Scharf
                          Alan Ford
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-api-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-02-16

   Multipath TCP (MPTCP) adds the capability of using multiple paths to
   a regular TCP session.  Even though it is designed to be totally
   backward compatible to applications, the data transport differs
   compared to regular TCP, and there are several additional degrees of
   freedom that applications may wish to exploit.  This document
   summarizes the impact that MPTCP may have on applications, such as
   changes in performance.  Furthermore, it discusses compatibility
   issues of MPTCP in combination with non-MPTCP-aware applications.
   Finally, the document describes a basic application interface for
   MPTCP-aware applications that provides access to multipath address
   information and a level of control equivalent to regular TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-api-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-api-04.txt