Subject: [multipathtcp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mptcp-api-05.txt> (MPTCP Application Interface Considerations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:34:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multipath TCP WG (mptcp) to
consider the following document:
- 'MPTCP Application Interface Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-mptcp-api-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Multipath TCP (MPTCP) adds the capability of using multiple paths to
   a regular TCP session.  Even though it is designed to be totally
   backward compatible to applications, the data transport differs
   compared to regular TCP, and there are several additional degrees of
   freedom that applications may wish to exploit.  This document
   summarizes the impact that MPTCP may have on applications, such as
   changes in performance.  Furthermore, it discusses compatibility
   issues of MPTCP in combination with non-MPTCP-aware applications.
   Finally, the document describes a basic application interface which
   is a simple extension of TCP's interface for MPTCP-aware
   applications.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-api/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-api/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.