Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-paasch-mptcp-lowoverhead-00.txt

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:57:02 +0200

Hello,

we submitted two IETF drafts about alternative security solutions for the 
MPTCP handshake.

The first one is about a low overhead, low security version for controlled 
environments like data centers.
The second integrates application-level security in MPTCP to allow 
applications like SSL to provide the key for the HMAC-exchange.

Please find below the two links to the drafts.

Comments are very welcome. I will present these solutions at the WG meeting in 
Atlanta.

Cheers,
Christoph

A new version of I-D, draft-paasch-mptcp-lowoverhead-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christoph Paasch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-paasch-mptcp-lowoverhead
Revision:	 00
Title:		 MultiPath TCP Low Overhead
Creation date:	 2012-10-15
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paasch-mptcp-
lowoverhead-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-
lowoverhead
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-lowoverhead-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a low overhead connection establishment
   mechanism for Multipath TCP.  Its goal is to reduce the computational
   overhead of establishing an MPTCP connection and the associated TCP
   subflows in controlled environments where security attacks are not a
   concern.

A new version of I-D, draft-paasch-mptcp-ssl-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christoph Paasch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-paasch-mptcp-ssl
Revision:        00
Title:           Securing the MultiPath TCP handshake with external keys
Creation date:   2012-10-15
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paasch-mptcp-
ssl-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-ssl
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-ssl-00

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP currently relies on the exchange of keys in clear
   during the initial handshake to authenticate the establishment of
   additional subflows.  This document proposes a variant of the
   Multipath TCP handshake that allows Multipath TCP to reuse keys
   negotiated by the Application layer protocol above it such as SSL/TLS
   to authenticate the establishment of additional subflows.

-----------------------------------------
-- 
IP Networking Lab --- http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be
MultiPath TCP in the Linux Kernel --- http://mptcp.info.ucl.ac.be
Université Catholique de Louvain
--