Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 14:08:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
	Author(s)       : Alan Ford
                          Costin Raiciu
                          Mark Handley
                          Olivier Bonaventure
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-10.txt
	Pages           : 64
	Date            : 2012-10-03

Abstract:
   TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
   connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
   simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
   improve resource usage within the network, and thus improve user
   experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
   network failure.

   Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
   paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
   traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
   the same type of service to applications as TCP (i.e. reliable
   bytestream), and provides the components necessary to establish and
   use multiple TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/