Subject: [multipathtcp] Document Action: 'Analysis of MPTCP residual threats and possible fixes' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mptcp-attacks-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:24:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Analysis of MPTCP residual threats and possible fixes'
  (draft-ietf-mptcp-attacks-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multipath TCP Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-attacks/

Technical Summary

   This document describes an analysis for residual security threats
    in MPTCP spec and provides some guidances for them.  The
    information in the document is used for updating the current
    MPTCP spec and discussions for future direction of MPTCP
    developments.

Working Group Summary

   The analysis and guidances provided by this documents has been
   discussed in the WG. The problems in MPTCP pointed out by the
   document have already been addressed in RFC6824bis draft
   (draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis). The guidances in the document has
   also been used for discussions in the WG for future security
   enhancements of MPTCP.  The consensus for this document was
   clear because of the usefulness of the document. 

Document Quality

   The document has been reviewed and discussed by multiple
    participants in the WG.

Personnel

    Yoshifumi Nishida is the Document Shepherd for this document.
    The Responsible Area Director is Martin Stiemerling