Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-01.txt

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 11:40:57 -0700

Hello,

we updated our SYN-cookies draft.

The biggest modification is that the reliable MP_CAPABLE in the third ack
enables  us to remove the client's key from the SYN-segment.

This reduces the size of the MP_CAPABLE option down to 4 bytes, opening the
door to future extensions to TCP. We believe that this is a major
improvement to MPTCP.

We will present this draft during the interim meeting.

(thanks to Olivier & Alan for their comments and suggestions on this draft)

Cheers,
Christoph

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

From: [email-masked]
To: Anumita Biswas <[email-masked]>, Darren Haas <[email-masked]>, Anumita Biswas <[email-masked]>, Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>,
	Darren Haas <[email-masked]>, Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 11:33:02 -0700
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christoph Paasch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies
Revision:	01
Title:		Making Multipath TCP robust for stateless webservers
Document date:	2015-09-03
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		11
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-01

Abstract:
   This document proposes a modification of the MPTCP handshake that
   allows it to work efficiently with stateless servers.  We first
   identify the issues around stateless connection establishment using
   SYN-cookies.  Further, we suggest an extension to Multipath TCP to
   overcome these issues and discuss alternatives.

   As a side-effect, the proposed modification to the handshake opens
   the door to reduce the size of the MP_CAPABLE option in the SYN.
   This reduces the growing pressure on the TCP-option space in the SYN-
   segment, giving space for future extensions to TCP.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

----- End forwarded message -----