Subject: [multipathtcp] Further comments on the WG FreeBSD status update

From: Nigel Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 19:06:04 +1100

Hi Yoshi,

You asked a couple of questions during this WG this morning and although 
I was watching the meeting unfortunately I was not able to get an answer 
to you.

The questions were about how much of the MPTCP protocol was currently 
supported by the FreeBSD implementation and whether any interop testing 
had been done.

In terms of how much of the protocol is implemented - for the moment 
MP_CAPABLE, ADD_ADDR, MP_JOIN, DSS (DSN, DACK, DFIN) are supported. It 
only supports sending of 4-byte DSNs. Currently missing are things like 
MP_FASTCLOSE, fallback, checksums...

As Grenville mentioned I had tried some interop testing a little over a 
year ago, though have not done so recently while I have been re-working 
the implementation.

There are still some stability issues with FreeBSD-to-FreeBSD 
connections that I need to address, but after this the intention is to 
fill in the gaps in protocol support and again look at interop. I'll 
update the list when there is progress on this.

cheers,
nigel