Subject: [multipathtcp] [Errata Verified] RFC6824 (4129)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:10:12 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6824,
"TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6824&eid=4129

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Friedrich Haussmann <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-10-11
Verified by: Martin Stiemerling (IESG)

Section: B.1.1.

Original Text
-------------
MPTCP.Checksum (flag):  This flag is set to true if at least one of
      the hosts has set the C bit in the MP_CAPABLE options exchanged
      during connection establishment, and is set to false otherwise.
      If this flag is set, the checksum must be computed in all DSS
      options.

Corrected Text
--------------
MPTCP.Checksum (flag):  This flag is set to true if at least one of
      the hosts has set the A bit in the MP_CAPABLE options exchanged
      during connection establishment, and is set to false otherwise.
      If this flag is set, the checksum must be computed in all DSS
      options.

Notes
-----
Checksum is not on bit "C", but instead on bit "A". There are no other instances of referring on bit "C" as the checksum. Bit "C" is unassigned in this version.

Other instances of bit "A" as checksum:
* Section 3.1. Connection Initiation, p. 16 f.
* Section 8. IANA Considerations, Table 3: MPTCP Handshake Algorithms, p. 56

--------------------------------------
RFC6824 (draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
Publication Date    : January 2013
Author(s)           : A. Ford, C. Raiciu, M. Handley, O. Bonaventure
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : Multipath TCP
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG