Subject: Re: [multipathtcp] Trace format mptcp

From: Bhumika Parikh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:58:25 -0600

Hello all,

I am new to using MPTCP implementation in ns-2.34. I have successfully set
up ns-2.34. I get an error when I run the mptcp-sample.tcl, but can
visualize out.nam <http://out.tr> and out.tr. The error is something like
this:

*fatal. no mapping info was found. ackno 227265*
Also, I cannot clearly understand the trace file format for the out.tr
file. What does each column in the out.tr file from which we redirect
values to the mptc normal tcp 1 and normal tcp 2 files represent ?

Is it necessary to use normal tcp1 and tcp2 flows. I could have a single
sender and receiver. I mean n0 and n1 with its interface nodes and
intermediate nodes ??

Please do help me out in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

-- 
Bhumika Parikh
Graduate Student
New Mexico State University

---

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:01:37 -0700

Hi Bhumika,

Sorry, this ML is basically not used for specific implementations.
If you have questions about mptcp in ns-2.34 implementation, please contact
the author (I mean, me) rather than using this list.

> *fatal. no mapping info was found. ackno 227265*

Hmm. I'm not sure about this one. It can be a bug.

> values to the mptc normal tcp 1 and normal tcp 2 files represent ?

If you would like to understand the format of out.tr in general, you'll
need to check the ns-2 manual. The format of mptcp traffic is described in
the following URL. In a nutshell, mptcp trace format and tcp trace format
are similar, but mptcp trace has extra fields.

 https://code.google.com/archive/p/multipath-tcp/wikis/HowToUse.wiki

> sender and receiver. I mean n0 and n1 with its interface nodes and

You don't need normal tcp flows.  I just put them as competitive flows in
order to demonstrate how the coupled congestion control in mptcp works.

Thanks,
--
Yoshi