Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-02.txt

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:21:27 -0800

Hello,

we submitted a new version of the MPTCP + TFO-draft.

During the Prague-meeting it came up that with the new RFC6824bis design of
the MP_CAPABLE handshake, TFO has no more the limitation of reducing the
cookie-size.

It turns out, that even in RFC6824bis we still have the space-limitations
when combining MPTCP with TFO, because the SYN/ACK still consumes a full
MP_CAPABLE with key.

Thus, this update is mostly minor changes and the note that one could also
omit TCP timestamps for the benefit of a bigger TFO cookie.

A condensed version of the draft could probably be added into RFC6824bis.

Christoph

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

From: [email-masked]
To: Sebastien Barre <[email-masked]>, Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>, Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>, Gregory Detal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 23:58:41 -0800
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christoph Paasch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-barre-mptcp-tfo
Revision:	02
Title:		TFO support for Multipath TCP
Document date:	2017-11-27
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		12
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barre-mptcp-tfo/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-02
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-02
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-barre-mptcp-tfo-02

Abstract:
   TCP Fast Open (TFO) is a TCP extension that allows sending data in
   the SYN, instead of waiting until the TCP connection is established.
   This document describes what parts of Multipath TCP must be adapted
   to support it, and how TFO and MPTCP can operate together.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

----- End forwarded message -----