Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02.txt

From: Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 02:04:22 +0200

Hi,

We've submitted a revision of the SOCKSv6 draft.

We've added an extensible mechanism whereby clients can alter proxy's 
behavior, roughly in the style of setsockopt()/getsockopt(). (Individual 
socket options have to be standardized separately, and don't necessarily 
map 1:1 to the function calls. This is not a straight set/getsockopt() 
RPC.) We've included a few use cases:
  * TFO (previously handled by a field in the request)
  * discovery of MPTCP availability on the server side
  * changing the MPTCP scheduler

We've also addressed another security issue caused by sending SOCKS 
requests via TLS early data.

Cheers,
Vlad

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02.txt
Date: 	Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:59:26 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>, Dragos Niculescu 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Vladimir Olteanu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Revision:	02
Title:		SOCKS Protocol Version 6
Document date:	2018-03-05
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		23
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02

Abstract:
    The SOCKS protocol is used primarily to proxy TCP connections to
    arbitrary destinations via the use of a proxy server.  Under the
    latest version of the protocol (version 5), it takes 2 RTTs (or 3, if
    authentication is used) before data can flow between the client and
    the server.

    This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
    used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
    0-RTT authentication.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat