Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-03.txt

From: Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 17:42:02 +0300

Hi,

We've submitted a new version of the SOCKS v6 draft.

We've made multiple changes to the protocol based on our experience 
implementing it. It is now easier to pick and choose which parts of 
SOCKS v6 to implement: all option kinds are now optional (no pun 
intended), and no longer have any inter-dependencies or overlap in 
functionality. It basically can be stripped down all the way to SOCKS v4 
functionality.

We've also moved token window advertisements to the Authentication 
Reply, so that the proxy-server RTT has no influence on their timeliness.

You can find a feature-complete message library here: 
https://github.com/45G/libsocks6msg . We've also used said library to 
implement a (not feature-complete) prototype based on Shadowsocks: 
https://github.com/45G/shadowsocks-libev . A full-blown implementation 
is in the works.

You can find more SOCKS6-related stuff on the 45G page on Github.

Cheers,

Vlad

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-03.txt
Date: 	Mon, 02 Jul 2018 16:44:14 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>, Dragos Niculescu 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Vladimir Olteanu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Revision:	03
Title:		SOCKS Protocol Version 6
Document date:	2018-07-02
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		24
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-03
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-03

Abstract:
    The SOCKS protocol is used primarily to proxy TCP connections to
    arbitrary destinations via the use of a proxy server.  Under the
    latest version of the protocol (version 5), it takes 2 RTTs (or 3, if
    authentication is used) before data can flow between the client and
    the server.

    This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
    used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
    0-RTT authentication.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat