Subject: [multipathtcp] HIP side meeting - IETF105

From: "Wiethuechter, Adam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 17:07:21 -0400

Hello all,

Per suggestion from Phillip I am posting here information for our side
meeting I mentioned at the MP-TCP meeting this afternoon.

We are hosting a HIP side meeting (focused mainly on Trustworthy
Multipurpose Remote ID) tonight at 6:10PM in room C2 on the 21st floor.

For context for MP-TCP AX Enterprize has been using it for some time now in
our UAS work as its a perfect fit. We have been experimenting with using
MP-TCP with HIP underneath and have run into some interesting issues.
Mainly HIP hides the IP addresses that are used as sub-flow identifiers and
instead exposes the Host Identity Tag, which is an endpoint identifier for
a tunnel that HIP creates.

I will be posting by the end of the week a more detail discussion here on
the above specific problem with the hope that we can work together to allow
MP-TCP and HIP to interoperate together in some form.

Hope to see anyone at Montreal tonight!

-- 
73's,
Adam T. Wiethuechter