Subject: DNSSEC editing process (Periodic posting)

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:13:08 -0400

The DNSEXT working group has started a rewrite of the DNSSEC
specification into a documents that better reflect the protocol
and allow a test plan to be constructed from the specification.

To accomplish this, a team of volunteers has been formed to generate
the documents. The document editing team is tasked with documenting
the protocol as specified in RFC's generated by this group and Internet
Drafts that the working group has reach consensus on.

The editors are NOT ALLOWED to make ANY changes in the protocol.
If clarifications are needed due to conflicting definitions,
imprecise specification, omission or other reason, the editors MUST
bring these issues to the attention of the working group on the
namedroppers mailing list.

To assist the editors, a small group of people with good understanding
of DNSSEC have been recruited to review document drafts and
answer questions that the editors have.
For simplified communication a mailing list has been created, anyone
can send messages to the editors via this mailing list
[email-masked].

Archive of this mailing list will be made available.

Please send minor corrections, comments, suggestions about the
DNSSECbis documents to [email-masked].

All major issues should be brought up on namedroppers, editors
MAY forward any correspondence to namedroppers, without asking
permission, if they deem the issues raised require wider attention.

DNSEXT co-chair Ólafur Guðmundsson approves new members on
the dnssec-editors malling list.

DNSSEC-editors is NOT a design group, it is a document maintenance
group.

The current members of the mailing list are:
Editors:
	Dan Massey
	Scott Rose
	Matt Larson
	Roy Arends

Advisors:
	Donald Eastlake
	Brian Wellington
	Edward Lewis
	Randy Bush
	Olafur Gudmundsson

The current set of documents produced by dnssec-editors is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-intro-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-records-01.txt

Soon to be published:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-00.txt

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>