Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hall-qtype-addr-00.txt]

From: "Eric A. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:05:37 -0500

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hall-qtype-addr-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:27:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The ADDR DNS Query-Type
	Author(s)	: E. Hall
	Filename	: draft-hall-qtype-addr-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 12-Aug-02
	
This document defines a DNS query-type for 'all IP address 
resource records,' specifically including any A and AAAA resource 
records which may be bound to the queried domain name. This query-
type would allow IPv6-aware applications to issue a single query 
and determine the capabilities of the remote host, rather than 
having to issue a second query for A resource records in those 
cases where no AAAA resource records are available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hall-qtype-addr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hall-qtype-addr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hall-qtype-addr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.