Subject: IPSECKEY draft

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:18:21 -0400

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

DHR, Derek, Jakob and others, please see:

http://www.sandelman.ca/SSW/ietf/ipsec/dns/draft-richardson-ipsec-rr-00.txt

Key points:

   The RDATA for an IPSECKEY RR consists of a series of type/length/
   value and type/value records.  The canonical ordering of the fields 

*** oops, changed my mind, there are no type/value options, I'll fix that.

   is by increasing ordinal values of the type field.                  
                                                       
   A type may not occur more than once.

   Each field consistsa reserved field, a field type octet, and a length
   of that field.

                           1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |  field type   |   reserved    |            length             |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                                                               /
      /                              data                             /
      /                                                               /
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|

   (XXX - Do we really need a 16-bit length? 8-bits will not suffice for
   public keys.  Or should we go for 11 or 12 bits with a 4 or 5 bit type?)

   Definitions for field types:

   0  no more fields

   1  priority of this entry

   2  IPv4 address of the gateway for this host

   3  IPv6 address of the gateway for this host

   4  FQDN of the gateway for this host

   5  RSA public key for the gateway

Presentation format:

3.1 File Representation of IPSECKEY RRs

   IPSECKEY RRs may appear as lines in a zone data master file.  The
   preference and at least one key are mandatory.                   
                                                                    
   As the IPv4, IPv6 and FQDN references to the gateway are mutually
   exclusive, they can share a position.  If no gateway is to be
   indicated, then the special tokens of either "-" or "none" may be
   used.

   38.46.139.192.in-addr.arpa. 7200 IN     IPSECKEY ( 10 192.139.46.38 
               RSA: AQOrXJxB56Q28iOO43Va36elIFFKc/QB2orIeL94BdC5X4idFQZjSpsZ
                    Th48wKVXUE9xjwUkwR4R4/+1vjNN7KFp9fcqa2OxgjsoGqCn+3OPR8La
                    9uyvZg0OBuSTj3qkbh/2HacAUJ7vqvjQ3W8Wj6sMXtTueR8NNcdSzJh1
                    49ch3zqfiXrxxna8+8UEDQaRR9KOPiSvXb2KjnuDan6hDKOT4qTZRRRC
                 MWwnNQ9zPIMNbLBp0rNcZ+ZGFg2ckWtWh5yhv1iXYLV2vmd9DB6d4Dv8
                    cW7scc3rPmDXpYR6APqPBRHlcbenfHCt+oCkEWse8OQhMM56KODIVQq3
                 fejrfi1H )

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy"); [

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>