Subject: Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hall-qtype-addr-00.txt]

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 02:37:27 +0000

> > we were shot down.  the reason given was "this is only useful during the
> > transition period to V6, after which it's wasted complexity and wasted
> > bandwidth."
> 
> That's pretty funny.  God forbid that we should write code which will
> only be useful for two or three decades.
> 
> (Wasted bandwidth?  It's only wasted bandwidth if there are A records to
> return, right?)

at that time we were in an environment where any one person could say "no"
and have it stick, but no set of people could be found who could say "yes"
and have it stick.

come to think of it, we're still in that environment.  (betcha none of
this matters, we'll have to wait and see what the dns directorate wants
to do, or rather, doesn't want to not do, or however that all works now.)

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>