Subject: Re: DNSSEXT Yokohama Minutes

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:17:58 +0000

> > The enum WG is well aware that the use of wildcard NAPTR RRs are A Bad
> > Thing. They seriously advice against it, and advice to simply enumerate
> > every number that is in the repository of the zone.
> 
> that's really gonna work great for anything larger then andora

that's off-topic for us.  anyone who wants to change the way enum works
should issue their opinions over on the enum wg's list.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:02:14 +0300

> should issue their opinions over on the enum wg's list.

i have been on enum since day zero.  and enum works

    *.3.3.e164.arpa NAPTR ...ldap...

so i guess we agree.

randy