Subject: Re: draft-richardson-ipsec-rr-00.txt

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:57:45 -0700

> I have seen no discussion about my proposal. I will assume that
> it was well taken.

this assumption is not safe

> I would ask that the WG consider adopting proposal for
> incorporation into the new set of DNSSEC documents that are being
> prepared.

it should be in a security wg with coordination with dnsext

> I would very much like to make sure that restrict-key-for-dnssec
> properly documents the arguments, so that they don't need to
> repeated endlessly.

the arguments are simple, we need keys to sign dns data.  

on the other hand, arguing why it should not be used for an
innumerable set of other things is not known to terminate.
hence endlessness is expected.  life goes on.

randy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>