Subject: Re: DNSSEC Opt-In Q: unsigned delegations with opt-in NXTs?

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:55:37 -0500

At 11:00 +1100 2/14/03, [email-masked] wrote:
>>  There was a pretty important clarification that came up during the
>>  last workshop that I forgot to put in my list of TODOs for the Opt-In
>>  draft, and it leads to a question for the working group.
>>
>>  Q: Should an Opt-In tagged NXT record be able to have the same name as
>>  an unsigned delegation?
>
>	Yes.  Nothing in optin should preclude a standard insecure
>	delegation.
>

me too.

>>  * This may complicate implementations and analysis, although I think
>>    that this is unlikely.

Let's burn that bridge when we get to it.
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

I've had it with world domination.  The maintenance fees are too high.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>