Subject: Proposed Resolution of LLMNR Issue 3: LLMNR Usage

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:50:42 -0700 (PDT)

[BA] How about this? In section 3, change:

"[2] A sender SHOULD send LLMNR queries only for names that are
either unqualified or exist within the default domain."

To:

"[2] Where a DNS server is configured, by default a sender
SHOULD send LLMNR queries only for names that are either
unqualified or exist within the default domain. Where no
DNS server is configured, an LLMNR query MAY be sent for
any name."

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 23:15:21 -0400

> DNS server is configured, an LLMNR query MAY be sent for

Other than the fact that I have no idea what "Where a DNS server is
configured" means for a laptop that usually runs an iterative
resolver, this seems ok :).