Subject: Re: Proposed resolution of Issue 6: IPv6 Multicast Groups

From: Aidan Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:03:25 +1000

Bernard Aboba wrote:
 > [BA] I would like to propose that Mika's suggestion
 > be accepted:
 >
 > A single well-known multicast group for IPv6 queries other than A/AAAA.
 >

I would prefer a single well known multicast address for the all types
of IPv6 queries.  Is there any reason why we shouldn't do this?

Whilst using the solicited name link local addresses for queries is
cute, it doesn't seem a particularly useful optimisation particularly
if we're only doing it for *some* queries.  I don't see it outweighing
the increased code complexity and hence the increased potential for
bugs.

- aidan

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>