Subject: Re: Appeal against decision of DNSEXT working group chairs to prevent progess of OPT-IN

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:34:54 +0200 (CEST)

> 	The last call on OPT-IN having expired on March 31st and the chairs
> having not responded to the clear consensus of the working group to allow
> the drafts to go forward, I hereby appeal against the apparent decision of
> the chairs to prevent the progress of the OPT-IN proposal.

Phillip,

The above note added additional motivation to get the opt-in last call summary
out.
As I explained in an earlier message there was discussion between the co-chairs
and ADs about the process of guaging concensus on this thorny issue combined 
with vacations and travel that lead to the delay. As I said in that emai I
should have let the WG know this was the reason for the delay.

Given that the co-chairs have now announced their guage of the WG on this
topic I'm trying to understand the status of the appeal.

I note that there are additional topics of your email beyond the delay.
Should the destination (see next question) of the appeal process the
other issues of the appeal at this point in time, or will you submit a
modified appeal?
 
I also note that it isn't immediately obvious to whom you are appealing:
the WG? (the email was sent to namedroppers and nobody else), the co-chairs,
the ADs, the IESG? (the email mentions the IESG as "It is now time for the
IESG  to consider ...")

Per RFC 2026 section 6.5 you should first discuss the
"incorrect technical choice" aspects of the appeal with the WG chairs.
Once that has been exhausted bring it to the ADs and after that to the IESG, 
etc.
It would be helpful if you can make it clearer where you are in this process
by being explicit at whom you are directing an appeal.

Thanks,
  Erik

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>