Subject: opt-in document

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:11:00 -0700

even though opt-in did not gain consensus in the wg, it would be
good to have a permanent document record.  the iesg discussed this
recently in the context of a transport area document, and the idea
is something like the following:

  o publish opt-in as an informational rfc for the historical
    record

  o with a clear warning on the front of it that this is recording
    a protocol that did NOT gain ietf consensus, it documents an
    idea that was considered and not adopted

  o the ADs do have expressed concerns to the chairs about when it
    gets published; after DS+2535bis would be best.  this doesn't
    prevent folk from finishing the document now and it can queue
    (in the wg or at the AD) on hold until DS+2535bis finishes.

randy and olafur

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>