Subject: Proposed resolution to LLMNR Issue 38: DNS proxy undefined

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 19:09:49 -0700 (PDT)

The text of Issue 38 is given below.

The proposed resolution is to substitute "DNS server" for "DNS proxy"
wherever it appears in the document.

Any objections?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue 38: DNS proxy undefined
Submitter: Andreas Gustafsson
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: May 9, 2003
Reference: <[email-masked]>
Document: LLMNR-18
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: 1, 3.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue:
draft-ietf-dnsext-mdns-18.txt makes repeated references to an entity
called a "DNS proxy". The term "DNS proxy" is not defined in the
draft, and there is no DNS standard or RFC defining the behavior of
such a device.

Requested change:

Remove all references to a "DNS proxy".

[BA] Proposed resolution is to substitute "DNS server" for "DNS proxy"
throughout.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>