Subject: FYI: wcard-clarify editor.

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:15:51 +0200

FYI:

Since Ed Lewis does not have the time needed to finalize the wild-card
draft Robert Elz has kindly volunteered take care of the final edits.

Please send nits, minor errors, &c directly to him.

Robert will post a version that is the same in content but has
slightly different formatting today or tomorrow. Content changes will
be based on that and will follow in the cause of the next week, given
resolution of the open issues.

Thanks Ed for the good work on the initial drafts!

-- Olaf
   DNSEXT co-chair

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:44:34 +0700

Date:        Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:15:51 +0200
    From:        "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | Robert will post a version that is the same in content but has
  | slightly different formatting today or tomorrow.

I have just submitted draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-02.txt

"Slightly different formatting" is something of an understatement,
this version is generated from *roff, rather than manually laid out.
That changes just about everything (in terms of formatting).

On the other hand, this version was intended to have absolutely no
changes in content.   It turned out that to make the formatting both
easy and clean, I had to make 2 small changes - and then I made one
more, just because ...

The first was to move the "send comments to" sentence from the end
of the boilerplate to the "Editors addresses" section (in my setup the
boilerplate gets added automatically - adding extra stuff there is
possible, but isn't easy).   And in any case, the IESG once told me
that adding anything to the boilerplate isn't allowed (that's nonsense,
but never mind).

The second was to shorten the title of section 4 - the original was
too long for the table of contents (which I guess means I should fix
my macros to allow for long section titles, but again, the easy way
out).

And the third, just for the hell of it, change, was to remove a '.'
after "R2.2" in the text, so that one is just the same as all of the
others (It was R2.2. text..., the others are all R2.1 text ...).

The intent of this version is to provide something that can be diff'd
against when the next version with real changes appears.   However
for this to be reasonable, at least a couple of people are going to
need to read the -02 draft, and confirm that there are indeed no other
changes hidden in there (I'm not promising that, my editing session was
quite fast, and I made lots of internal changes - I may have inadvertently
deleted or altered something I wasn't intending to alter).

So, when the -02 version appears, please do read it, and compare it
with the -01 draft (that you should probably make sure you have a
copy of it in advance, as -01 will vanish from the I-D directories when
-02 is placed there).

kre