Subject: Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-intro-09: EDNS0 issue

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:04:26 +0100

>  1) the document requires the use of EDNS0.  However, current EDNS0
> implementations typically advertise the larger sizes than they can
> handle at the IP layer, causing fragmentation.  You can argue that
> this is OK as long as the result of NOT fragmenting would end up with
> a worse result than as you would be without it (e.g., requiring
> falling back to TCP, or whatever).

It seems there _could_ be consensus for an advisory note targeted at
implementors, if only there were such a note.

Can somebody please come up with text that can be put into the
document set so we can focus on getting that correct and the editors
can cut-n-paste.

Let us not try to fix EDNS0, that is not in scope.

-- Olaf

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:04:26 +0100

-- Olaf