Subject: Re: Proposed Resolution to LLMNR Issue 64: TTL Revisited

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:56:57 -0600

[ Moderators note: Post by non-subscriber.  With the massive amount of
   spam, it is easy to miss and therefore delete relevant posts 
   by non-subsrcibers. Please fix your subscription addresses. ]

On Mar 17, 2004, at 8:06 AM, Bernard Aboba wrote:
> For UDP queries and responses the Hop Limit field in the IPv6 header,
> and the TTL field in the IPV4 header MAY be set to any value.  However,
> it is RECOMMENDED that the value 255 be used for compatibility with
> Apple Rendezvous."

Why not change it to:

> For UDP queries and responses the Hop Limit field in the IPv6 header,
> and the TTL field in the IPV4 header SHOULD be set to 255.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:56:57 -0600