Subject: Re: Q-23 Direct NSEC queries; specs for resolvers and servers.

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:58:37 +0100

> While attempting to summarize what the consensus of the working group
> is on this editors question and trying to interpret this block of text.
> Does self-consistently apply to a name or the holy Q-trinity?

Having reread the threat I think that the answer to Olafurs question
was in the proposed text (only for the _security_ RRs so only for
specific holy Q-trinities :-) ). I propose the editors use Paul's
initial text with the clarification that this only applies to those
_security_ RRs that can exist above and below a delegation point.

e.g. like:

      security aware responders who receive queries security RRs (NSEC
      or RRSIG RRs) which match the content of more than one zone, for
      example above and below a delegation point, are encouraged to
      behave self-consistently, which could mean: always return an
      error; always return above-delegation records; always return
      below-delegation records; always return no records; always
      return both above- and below-delegation records; or always
      something else entirely.

We'll consider this question resolved if no further comments are
received before the end of the week.

-- Olaf

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:58:37 +0100

e.g. like:

-- Olaf