Subject: Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-intro-09: EDNS0 issue

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:08:17 +0900

Paul;

>>>yes, that's true.  the crossover is probably closer to 4*PMTU.
>>
>>Given 1280B of IPv6 minimum MTU, shouldn't message size limitation
>>be somewhere around 3600 or 4800, but not 4000?
> 
> 
> i think it's all very approximate and 4000 is a very fine and round number.

It could have been so, if PMTUD were usable, which would have
resulted in PMTU of 1450~1500.

Without PMTUD, however, assumed MTU MUST be 1280, for which very
approximate and round should be 3500 or 3600.

Or, are there any cryptographic reason that the size is 4000?

							Masataka Ohta

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:08:17 +0900

Paul;

							Masataka Ohta