Subject: Re: online signing draft

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:35:57 -0500

At 12:08 -0500 11/16/04, Niall O'Reilly wrote:

>I think there's one other special character you have to guard against!
>
>>         ... skipping
>>         any values which correspond either to upper-case US-ASCII
>>  letters
>>         or to the dot (\056), and ...

I couldn't find the source of the included text...are you saying that 
"." can't be in a label?

(It can.  Needs to be escaped in text format, no problem in wire format.)
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

I would have been at the meeting, but I was busy raking the leaves from
the (now) empty non-terminals in my yard.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Niall O'Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:40:05 +0000

On 16 Nov 2004, at 17:35, Edward Lewis wrote:

> are you saying that "." can't be in a label?
>

I was.  Thanks for the correction.

/Niall

---

From: Alex Bligh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:07:34 +0000

> I was.  Thanks for the correction.

Heh you can even have "*" and NULL :-)

Alex