Subject: Re: dnssec-bis-updates-04 qtype any DO bit

From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:33:12 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Peter Koch wrote:

>> 3.6.  Responding to QTYPE=* with the DO Bit Clear
>>    To protect resolvers that cannot cope with DNSSEC types, a server
>>    should not include DNSSEC RR types when responding to a query with
>>    QTYPE=* and the DO bit not set.
>> 
>> I disagree.
>> * Resolvers query ANY which means any available and thus could contain
>> any sort of RR type. Also unknown RR types.
> 
> I fully agree with Wouter and disagree with the recommendation in 3.6.

Per the discussion in San Diego, with no one having stepped forward to defend 
this recommendation, it's been removed from the next revision of the document.

-- Sam

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>