Subject: Re: Adopt DNSSEC SO as WG document

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:04:57 -0400

At 13:17 02/01/2007, Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>
>on  "Signature-Only DNSSEC: A Simplified Approach"
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stjohns-dnssec-sigonly-00.txt
>by Mike StJohns
>
>The discussion about Mike StJohn's SO proposal has settled and now
>new arguments for or against have appeared.
>
>We want to ask the members of the working group if they are willing
>to adapt this item as a working group document intended for standards track.
>
>As is currently the practice we have a 'bar' at the level where at
>least 5 people step forward, support this work, and commit to doing
>review work. Obviously there should be a rough consensus as a whole.
>
>If you do not support this work on the standards track but would not
>have problems with seeing it as informational or experimental then
>please indicate so.
>
>If the working group agrees this is to become a working group
>document we will need to assess if this would imply a change in the
>charter. Draft texts are welcome (this is a hit to the "at least 5
>people" ;-) ).
>
>Olaf and Olafur
>

While preparing for the meeting we noticed that we never officially
commented on this.

For the record there seems to be consensus in the working group to not
proceed with this work.

         Olafur & Olaf

>--
>to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
>the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
>archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>