Subject: [dnsext] BCP 42, RFC 6195 on Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:37:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 42        
        RFC 6195

        Title:      Domain Name System (DNS) IANA 
                    Considerations 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 33790
        Obsoletes:  RFC5395
        Updates:    RFC1183, RFC3597
        See Also:   BCP0042

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-5395bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6195.txt

This document specifies Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA)
parameter assignment considerations for the allocation
of Domain Name System (DNS) resource record types, CLASSes, operation
codes, error codes, DNS protocol message header bits, and AFSDB
resource record subtypes.  This memo documents an Internet Best 
Current Practice.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext