Subject: [dnsext] What to do with BNAME

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:29:27 -0500

Dear colleagues,

There's been a suggestion that BNAME be adopted by the WG and
standardized within this WG.  At the same time, we have been asked by
our Area Director to be ready to wind up the WG by the spring.

We are not sure that these goals are consistent with one another, and
are therefore reluctant to add the draft to the WG's commitments.  But
there is an alternative.  Those who are interested in pursuing this
work could request a BOF session to investigate just this proposal, or
aliasing more generally in the DNS.  There is still time to prepare
such a request: the cutoff date for BOFs is 2012-02-16.

We look towards those who are the strongest proponents of this to
organize such a BOF; we are both ready to help with the organization
in regards to the IETF mechanics.

Best regards,

Andrew and Olafur

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext

---

From: Doug Barton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:57:15 -0800

On 01/19/2012 22:29, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> standardized within this WG. 

I'd also like to get my CLONE draft published, one way or another. :)

> At the same time, we have been asked by

I'm definitely interested, but can't attend in person.

-- 

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.

	Breadth of IT experience, and depth of knowledge in the DNS.
	Yours for the right price.  :)  http://SupersetSolutions.com/