Subject: [dnsext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-08.txt> (Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS0)) to Full Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:34:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS0)'
  <draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-08.txt> as a Full Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Domain Name System's wire protocol includes a number of fixed
   fields whose range has been or soon will be exhausted and does not
   allow requestors to advertise their capabilities to responders.  This
   document describes backward compatible mechanisms for allowing the
   protocol to grow.

   This document updates the EDNS0 specification (RFC 2671) based on
   feedback from deployment experience in several implementations.  It
   also closes the IANA registry for extended labels created as part of
   RFC 2671 and obsoletes RFC 2673 ("Binary Labels in the Domain Name
   System") which depends on the existence of extended labels.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0/

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation.html

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext