Subject: [dnsext] IETF.Fact.Check "The only Data CLASS in public use is IN" ??

From: Jim Fleming <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:16:03 -0500

ZOOM://IETF.Fact.Check "The only Data CLASS in public use is IN" ??

"The only Data CLASS in public use is IN, the other registered
  Data CLASSes are used in the contemporary Internet in some
  obscure, implementation-specific manner (with strictly local
  scope) by diagnostic functions built into DNS servers.
  (This clearly is a hack, but it obviously works sufficiently for
  those who know how to use that.)"

There are 80-bits returned with a typical DNS A-Record Request

32 for the IP Address
32 for the TTL
16 for the CLASS

There are also fields that can be deprecated (re-purposed) in the SOA Record

There is information such as the Top Level Domain that is lost
(tossed) in a DNS Query. The TLD can be encoded in the 16-bit Class
field.

The right-most bits of the 32-bit TTL can be re-purposed because a few
seconds of lost resolution does not matter.

Two A-Records can also combine to provide 64 bits of information.

AAAA Records are handy for generic 128-bit ZOOM Objects

AAAA DNS ~ 60+68 ~ VRHL+000.T1.111+PORT12+ASN30+FRAG6 + LAN4+60+CPE4

V-Version R-Ring(Cloud) HL=01 TTL=0|1 PORT12(P2P .COM 3133)...
(ASN30+FRAG6)
30 = 6x5 ~ Construct Your FREE unique 30-bit ASNs

The Official ZOOM://DNS 5-bit (bbbbb) Alphabets
"0ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ123-."
"0ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ12389"
_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext