Subject: [dnsext] DNSEXT current WG status

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:13:58 +0200

Dear Colleagues

We are not going to meet our plan to be able to close down the group at 
this meeting. The main reason is that we have not completed all the 
documents that are on our plate. The reasons are many but the chairs and 
the AD have agreed to keep working on cleaning out our queue and be able 
to close down the WG around the July IETF-84 meeting.

Document Status: New RFC's
     None.

Document status:  advanced documents
    rfc2671bis-edns0: In IETF Last call

    rfc2672bis-dname

    ecdsa: RFC Editors queue IANA action complete

    xnamercode: RFC Editors queue no IANA actions

Document Status: Documents in group
    dnssec-bis-updates: WG will advance this week to IESG

    dnssec-algo-signal: Quick last call started to confirm consensus 
from first LC, expect to advance in April.

    dnssec-registry-fixes: Document was split into two documents and 
this one is obsolete.

    algo-impl-status: ready for WG LC will start next week

    dnssec-registry-update: Ready for WG LC will start next week

    eastlake-rfc6195bis: to become dnsext-rfc6195bis
    rfc6195bis: A update to current IANA instructions document, this one 
simplifies the expert review, and closes an unused registry.
       WG Last call planned at the end of April

    ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr: document is actually a WG document, 
editors submitted latest version under the old name. We think this 
document is getting close and we plan to push for a WG LC by May.

Document Status: Individual Submissions related to WG
     andrews-dnsext-udp-fragmentation:  Editor asked for adoption. Adopt
or tell editor to submit to independent RFC stream.

    levine-dnsextlang-02: Document proposes a "language" to specify RR 
types RDATA. This draft has the potential to automate the translation
of new RR types to/from presentation format to wire or unknown formats.
As DNSEXT owns DNS presentation format this document is inside our 
charter and we may want to adopt it and advance it before we close the 
group down.

      Andrew and Olafur

_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext