Subject: [dnsext] Protocol Action: 'Elliptic Curve DSA for DNSSEC' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:08:49 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Elliptic Curve DSA for DNSSEC'
  (draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa/

Technical Summary 

   This document describes how to specify Elliptic Curve DSA keys and
   signatures in DNSSEC.  It lists curves of different sizes, and uses
   the SHA-2 family of hashes for signatures.

Working Group Summary 

   Working group has not had any issues with this document, there was
   some disucussion during the drafts adoption if this was needed.
   The document editors have been good about addressing any points
   raised.  Consensus is solid.

Document Quality  

   The document is well written, there are at least 2 implementations
   and they interoperate. The document has been stable since being
   adopted by the working group most of the versions have been to
   incorporate textual changes of the clarificaiton kind, and the last
   one addressed ID-nits.

Personnel

   Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]> is the Document
   Shepherd.  Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the
   Responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
dnsext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext