Subject: nasreq NASREQ Action Plan

From: "Beadles, Mark A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:21:33 -0400

NASREQ Action Plan
23 September 1999

This summarizes a conversation that Dave Mitton, Glen Zorn, and myself had
concerning the plan for moving the working group forward.

1.  The RADIUS Practices document (draft-ietf-nasreq-ext-radiuspract-00.txt)
is going to be finalized soon.  If we don't get any more comments on this
document soon, we will go to Working Group Last Call on or about 7 October.

2.  The Criteria document (draft-ietf-nasreq-criteria-01.txt) is going to
have a new revision submitted by 1 October.  Please send in any comments you
currently have on this document so I can incorporate changes for draft -02.
If no more comments are received, we will go to WG Last Call on or about 7
October.  Areas in need of fleshing out include VoIP, but in the absence of
input from subject matter experts, we are going to move ahead.  The AAA
working group needs this document finalized as input to their group.

3. We are going to go to Working Group Last Call on the Model document
(draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-00.txt) ASAP. No substantial comments have been
received. I will send a separate notice on this.

4. We have commenced work on the final output of this incarnation of the
NASREQ Working Group, the Review & Recommendations draft.  The purpose of
this document is to review proposed protocols against our requirements.
The document will be organized by protocol, with a different contributor(s)
covering each protocol.  The protocols under consideration are:

    -Diameter: reviewed by Glen Zorn 
    -COPS: reviewed by Dave Mitton 
    -RADIUS: reviewed by Mark Beadles 
    -SNMP: reviewed by Mark Beadles & Glen Zorn

In order to meet the I-D cutoff on 21 October for a -00 document, we need to
have a first draft ready by 14 October.  That is our deadline for version
-00.

5.  Dave Mitton has set up a weekly conference bridge for discussions of the
Review & Recommendations document status.  Parties who have input for the
R&R draft are invited to attend.  We have set up 10 ports.  Call information
is:

Days:  Every Thursday until 4 November.
Start Time: 14:00 PM EDT/11:00 PDT
Phone Number: 972 685-6338 (passcode = 591269  #)

Thanks!

+ Mark Anthony Beadles + Co-chair, IETF NASREQ WG   + 
+  [email-masked]   + http://nasreq.rutgers.edu/ +
+  Voice 614.723.1941  +       Fax 614.723.8407     +