Subject: nasreq WG Last Call: NASREQ NAS Model

From: "Beadles, Mark A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:38:53 -0400

This serves as the announcement of Working Group Last Call on "Network
Access Server Requirements Next Generation (NASREQNG) NAS Model",
draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-00.txt.  The WG Last Call period will end 7
October 199.

   This document describes the terminology and gives a model of typical
   Network Access Server (NAS).  The purpose of this effort is to set the
   reference space for describing and evaluating NAS service protocols,
   such as RADIUS (RFC 2138, 2139)[1],[2] and follow-on efforts like AAA
   Working Group, and the Diameter protocol [3].  These are protocols for
   carrying user service information for authentication, authorization,
   accounting, and auditing, between a Network Access Server which desires
   to authenticate its incoming calls and a shared authentication server.

The draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-00.txt.
Please send your comments to the [email-masked] mailing list or
directly to the authors.

+ Mark Anthony Beadles + Co-chair, IETF NASREQ WG   + 
+  [email-masked]   + http://nasreq.rutgers.edu/ +
+  Voice 614.723.1941  +       Fax 614.723.8407     +