Subject: nasreq comments on criteria-03

From: "Yves T'Joens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:30:37 +0200

Hi Mark,

Very nice doc, 
some very minor comments/questions on the document.

section 8.1.2.1 fast fail over.

do you mean here the detection that fast fail over is necessary or the
fail over mechanism itself ?
To be more precise, if it would be the detection, would that mean that a
keep alive mechanism must work on such a (pretty fast ;-) ) time scheme,
or do you refer more exactly that no whole database synchronization
should happen between client and server on fail over...

section 8.1.3 Attribute value protocol

this section only deals with attribute extensibility, should message
extensibility also be mentioned explicitly ??

section 8.1.3.1 Attribute data types

this section words the requirement as "... simple attribute data types,
including integer, enumeration, text string...." Does the 'including'
refer to the fact that many more simple data types may be defined, if
so, then perhaps something like 'not limited to' might be added to the
sentence. I was thinking on opaque values to be included in the AVP...

section  8.3.2.2 Authorizatoin attribute requirements

-Quality of Service : this requirement seems to be so wide that it is
hardly applicable, should we somehow more specify it, e.g., should
support authorization to intserv based resource requests (rsvp) or
diffserv forwarding behaviour... ?

cheers,
Yves

---

From: "Mark Anthony Beadles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:27:09 -0400

Thanks very much for the comments, Yves.

From: Yves T'Joens
> should happen between client and server on fail over...

The latter, mostly.  The failover time was a suggestion.  Certainly we can
come up with a better figure, if someone has a better suggestion.

> extensibility also be mentioned explicitly ??

This is probably a good idea, too.

> sentence. I was thinking on opaque values to be included in the AVP...

OK, that makes sense.

> diffserv forwarding behaviour... ?

As I have stated elsewhere, text from any interested party is appreciated,
as I am not an expert in that arena. ;)

+        Mark Anthony Beadles         +
+    [email-masked]     +
+ Vox 614.565.1308 Pager 888.660.8427 +