Subject: Question on draft-ietf-nasreq-criteria-02.txt

From: [email-masked] (Patrice Calhoun)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:10:15 -0700

I have a question about a potential requirement that does not show up in
the current -02 spec. The requirement would be that this next generation
protocol SHOULD allow for combination of authentication and authorization
in a single request. This is especially important since it is the way that
RADIUS currently works, but some people within the AAA WG may not be aware
of this. 

It may also be a requirement that authentication and authorization be
sent separately. This may be more important once a session has already
been established, where a user has to be re-authentication and/or
re-authorized.

PatC

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:52:24 -0400

>been established, where a user has to be re-authentication and/or

Or authorized for a newly requested service.

>PatC

Support NetAid!  http://www.netaid.org
--------------------------------------------------
Chip Sharp                 Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems              Telco Bio-region
Reality - Love it or Leave it.			
--------------------------------------------------