Subject: nasreq RE: Some questions about the requirement matrix

From: "Mark Anthony Beadles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:34:10 -0400

From: Bernard Aboba:
>2. Aren't there some mobile IP requirements that might be not specific
>to just mobile IP? Such as "Ability to obtain QoS information from AAA"
>which certainly is usable even for dial-up NASes in various ways (multilink
>limits, DiffServ classes, multicast rights, ...).
>
>>>I was going to task a question about that requirement myself :)
>>>Not clear to me whether is requirement is different from the
>>>discussion in the NASREQ requirements doc or not. Perhaps
>>>the authors can explain this, if not here and now, in DC.

I think that this requirement to "obtain QoS information from AAA" is
certainly also a requirement for dial-up and virtual NAS's also.  I would
love to include more specific requirements for NASREQ concerning QoS.  A
volunteer who is a subject matter expert and who is willing to help me write
some text would be very helpful.

+        Mark Anthony Beadles         +
+    [email-masked]     +
+ Vox 614.565.1308 Pager 888.660.8427 +