Subject: (NAT) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-protocol-issues-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:05:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: IP Network Address Translator (NAT) Protocol Issues.
	Author(s)	: M. Holdrege, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-issues-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 18-Nov-98
	
    Many common internet applications can be adversely affected when the
    end-to-end significance of an IP packet is disrupted. Network
    Address Translation (NAT) can cause such disruptions both at the
    protocol level and with application data.
 
    While there are ready solutions for NATing each protocol listed,
    this document is only concerned with defining the native
    limitations. Future versions of this document may discuss
    workarounds.
 
    *NOTE* the authors wish to make it clear that this work is editorial
    in nature and that input from the Internet society is requested in
    order to better cover the range of applications that can be affected
    by NAT. This is a work in progress.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-protocol-issues-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-protocol-issues-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-protocol-issues-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.