Subject: (NAT) NAT vs. SSH?

From: Daniel Senie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:10:14 -0500

I wonder if anyone on the list has experimented with secure shell (SSH)
in NAT environments. I'm trying to determine if ssh is NAT compatible or
not. Unfortunately the test environment where I've seen an issue is not
one I have ready access to.

Any/all info or pointers appreciated.

Dan

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Senie                                        [email-masked]
Amaranth Networks Inc.            http://www.amaranthnetworks.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Gabriel Montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:26:17 -0800 (PST)

> one I have ready access to.

works like a charm. they're actually very complementary technologies.
we've used ssh regularly to remote display X apps crossing over:

	1 napt stage, one ip encrpted link, 1 napt stage

-gabriel

-

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 19:34:40 -0500

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

  Well, you could start by asking on the secsh list, or reading the
drafts on it :-)
  SSH is NAT compatible, and goes out of its way to try and send
FQDN's instead of IP addresses for specifying port forwardings. 
  I use SSH via NAT every single day... 

]     Internet Security. Have encryption, will travel           |1 Fish/2 Fish[
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |Red F./Blow F[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[
] panic("Just another NetBSD/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");  [

-