Subject: (NAT) WG last call on "Traditional NAT" draft

From: [email-masked] (Pyda Srisuresh)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:46:21 -0800 (PST)

This is a NAT working group last call for comments on advancing the
following document into RFC.

	Title           : Traditional IP Network Address
			  Translator (Traditional NAT)
	Author(s)       : P. Srisuresh, K. Egevang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nat-traditional-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 02-Nov-98
	Category 	: Informational

Please send substantive comments to the nat mailing list, and minor
editorial comments to the authors. This last call period will end two
weeks from today on November 25, 1998.

Cheers,
suresh & Matt
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:37:00 -0800 (PST)

Oops.. The Category below should read "BCP". Thanks.

cheers,
suresh

-

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:57:53 +0000

For the record, I object to this being proposed as a Best Current
Practice. I believe it should be Informational, since it 
documents an interim solution to the address exhaustion problem.

  Brian Carpenter (speaking only for myself)

-

---

From: [email-masked] (Pyda Srisuresh)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:08:21 -0800 (PST)

>   Brian Carpenter (speaking only for myself)

Brian,

Just for the record, the BCP is for describing the operation of 
Traditional-NAT. Not implying to be the best solution for Address 
exhaustion problem. Thanks.

cheers,
suresh

-

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:42:12 -0800

Suresh,

> exhaustion problem. Thanks.

Just to add to your reply to Brian, we probably should remember
that such technologies as BGP, and CIDR has been viewed as "interim
solution" as well.  Are we are still waiting for the non-interim
alternatives to BGP and CIDR...

Yakov.
-