Subject: (NAT) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:41:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: IP Network Address Translator 
                          Application Programming Interface
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-api-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 09-Nov-98
	
   NAT provides routing transparency for hosts in disparate routing
   realms to communicate with each other. However, external agents
   such as Application Level Gateways (ALGs), Host-NAT-clients and
   Management applications need to interact with NAT and influence
   its operations. The document identifies the resources and other
   elements controlled by a NAT device, with specific focus on areas
   subject to influence from external agents. An Application
   Programming Interface (API) framework by which external agents
   could interact with NAT is presented. The intent of this document
   is to leverage the API specification as a base to identify
   requirements for the development of one or more protocols by which
   external agents could interact with NAT.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-api-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-api-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-api-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.