Subject: (NAT) Database of Application Protocols Affected

From: Daniel Senie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 01:54:01 -0500

I've been meaning for a while to put together a mechanism for storing
and displaying data on applications which are known to work, or known to
have issues with NAT implementations. I now have the mechanism and pages
ready. I ask that anyone interested or willing come visit the site, and
send me email with information to be added. I'll format it for web
display.

The location is:

	http://www.amaranthnetworks.com/nat/

This is being provided by my company as a public service. Other than my
being involved with this working group, this database is not sanctioned
or affiliated with the NAT Working Group. It is my hope that this
repository will be useful to many people, and could serve as an online,
frequently updated source of information.

The discussions of the last several days pushed me forward on this.
While the working group will publish a document which covers the issue
of protocols which have issues with NAT implementations, such a document
will by its nature be frozen in time. In similar fashion to RFC 1700 vs.
the IANA files, this database is intended to provide more timely
information.

I'd like to hear comments, and suggestions, and most of all would like
information on various protocols. If possible, format it as text
describing why a protocol does or does not work with NAT, and if it
doesn't work with NAT, describe the ALG mechanism, if one is possible,
that allows operation.

Dan Senie
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Senie                                        [email-masked]
Amaranth Networks Inc.            http://www.amaranthnetworks.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.