Subject: (NAT) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:46:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Security for IP Network Address 
                          Translator (NAT) Domains
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-security-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 12-Nov-98
	
   There are a variety of NAT flavors, as described in [Ref 1]. Of the
   domains supported by NATs, only Host-NAT-clients are allowed to
   pursue end-to-end IPsec secure sessions. However, all flavors of NAT
   can offer tunnel-mode IPsec security to private domain hosts peering
   with nodes in external realm. This document describes a security
   model by which tunnel mode IPsec security can be recognized on NAT
   devices. In addition, a section is devoted to describing how Secure
   policies may be communicated to IKE for automated KEY exchange and
   setup of Security Associations for an IPsec secure NAT gateway.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-security-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-security-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-security-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.